Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone repair - broken again two weeks after

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all, was hoping for some consumer advice regarding a phone repair I had done recently. My iphones warranty is long up and the wifi went on the blink a few months back. I finally had it repaired but two weeks after the repair its gone again.

I believe the repair was just a quick fix with a heatgun and not actually a wifi module replacement as I asked for but that is just my opinion and not something I would even argue about with the guys in the repair shop.

Do repairs come with a legal guarantee of any sort at all, i.e. second repair must be done free of charge within certain time or refund etc? Still have receipt.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing back from anyone with advice or a similar story.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A repair is a service and you should expect it to be as advertised and of good quality. So yes, I would say that the repair should be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 xmac1x

Yeah thats what I assumed thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

There should be a warranty on the repair, regardless of whether the device itself is in warranty or not. My sister got her Samsung Galaxy fixed in Nokia Care in Galway and they provided her with a 90 day warranty on the repair but my friend was told in an other place down the street that there was no warranty on the repair of her phone and just to mind it :confused:
    I think you should definitely go back with your receipt and ask for another repair or your money back:mad:

Advertisement