Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reccomend me some new Hip/Hop

• 06-03-2014 10:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭

Out of touch with the scene(To be honest became a bit disillusioned with hip hip). Looking to get back into the scene and see if there any decent artists I've missed out on in the last few years.

Used to listen to a lot of mf doom,j dilla, eastern conference records, quasimoto type of stuff.

No mackelmore or lil wayne type tripe please!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

No, everyone nowadays is ****, keep listening to old stuff, you know, the REAL hip-hop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

If you were a big DOOM fan you should check out Earl Sweatshirt, he's 19 and basically a mini DOOM.

Some other new stuff you might like: Flatbush Zombies, Big K.R.I.T, Danny Brown, Delusional Thomas(has his voice pitched like Lord Quas), The Doppelgangaz, Vince Staples, Run The Jewels, Step Brothers, Mr Mutha****in Exquire, Pro Era & Vic Mensa.

Not sure how long you haven't been listening but if you ain't heard Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens give that a listen before anything else.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not going to go mad with recommendations here, but I would suggest checking out the Track Of The Day thread, there are all sort in there. If something grabs your interest, let us know and we can make recommends from that.

Actually, I'm only going to recommend one album here just because I nearly broke my neck listening to it this morning.

Qwel & Maker - Beautiful Raw

I'd agree with High_Class on his recomendations as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Check out Joey Bada$$ and Pro-Era, bringing New York hip-hop back to the golden age!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markgisme

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib dropped Pínata there a couple days back. It's pretty old school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ronanluke

I'd agree also. Blu & Exile - Below The Heavens is a class piece of work. Joey Bada$$ is quality too. Try Fashawn - Boy Meets World, Murs & 9th Wonder - Murray's Revenge, 1982 (Statik Selektah & Termanology) - 2012, Sene -Beautifully Ugly.

Anything by Kev Brown also very relaxed and chilled or anything by 9th wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

Check out Joey Bada$$ and Pro-Era, bringing New York hip-hop back to the golden age!

tried looking up Pro-Era and got zero hits ...hmmm:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jillymayr wrote: »
    tried looking up Pro-Era and got zero hits ...hmmm:(
    Type Pro Era into google and this is the first hit -> http://theproera.com/
    Links to download all thier free music ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

section 80 by kendrick is all you need, best piece of modern day hip hop i've heard in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

section 80 by kendrick is all you need, best piece of modern day hip hop i've heard in years.

Honestly not even an exaggeration I'd say I've listened to that album at least 3 times a week since last summer. A masterpiece in all respects!

Advertisement