Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad with broken screen.

• 06-03-2014 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've seen tablets with cracked screens before and they have still worked.
    This one won't respond to touch commands. It's locked to the "slide to unlock" screen.

Being the old fogey that I am, I see tablets as a waste of money, but this belongs to my Godchild, so I'd like to see if it is worth getting the screen replaced.

Has anyone else had this problem and had it successfully fixed?
    Should I bring it to an approved Apple store, of will any repair place suffice?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Terry wrote: »
    Right, I've seen tablets with cracked screens before and they have still worked.
    This one won't respond to touch commands. It's locked to the "slide to unlock" screen.

Being the old fogey that I am, I see tablets as a waste of money, but this belongs to my Godchild, so I'd like to see if it is worth getting the screen replaced.

Has anyone else had this problem and had it successfully fixed?
    Should I bring it to an approved Apple store, of will any repair place suffice?

There are no Apple Authorised repair centres in Ireland for iPad or iPhones. Try their support site for a replacement for an out of warranty repair: http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=ipad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

There's an Apple store in Belfast if you can make it up North. You can book an appointment on their website. They charged me £199 to replace the screen of my iPad 2. Expensive but efficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Picked up a screen on ebay for €16.
    Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Terry wrote: »
    Picked up a screen on ebay for €16.
    Problem solved.

Did you fit it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yep.
    It's not an easy task, and it takes time, but it is doable.

The main thing you have to watch for is the WiFi cable. If you're worried that you might break it, just buy a new one beforehand. They're only 2 or 3 quid.

Loads of youtube tutorials.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+fix+broken+ipad+2+screen+

Also, the more damaged the screen, the longer it takes. There's a crap load of glue around the edges, and that causes problems if that's where the damage is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement