Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help naming an old chipper on Talbot Street, Dublin

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering can any of the more 'mature' members on here remember the name of a chipper that was located at No. 1 Talbot street? It was at the corner of the Talbot Street/Malborough St intersection. There's a Spar shop there now but IIRC it used to be a chipper, it's beside Frusciardi's chipper and the FX Buckleys Buchers.

I'm trying to settle an argument and can only vaguely remember the chipper but not the name. It closed in the 90's I think but can't be sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

my hubby thinks it was curruths?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    my hubby thinks it was curruths?

It doesn't really ring any bells, however it could be the name. I'll look into it, thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm wondering can any of the more 'mature' members on here remember the name of a chipper that was located at No. 1 Talbot street? It was at the corner of the Talbot Street/Malborough St intersection. There's a Spar shop there now but IIRC it used to be a chipper, it's beside Frusciardi's chipper and the FX Buckleys Buchers.

I'm trying to settle an argument and can only vaguely remember the chipper but not the name. It closed in the 90's I think but can't be sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

At one point, it was a fast food joint "New York, New York"

Around what time would that of been? During the 90's or earlier?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Send the nice people in the Dublin Collection upstairs in Pearse Srreet library a clear email asking about the address and dates you are looking at. They have a big collection of Thom's street directories there going back years. If they are not run off their feet more than usual, one of them will look it up for you.
    Lovely group of people.
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/libraries/Heritage%20and%20History/Collections/pages/index.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

might have been late 80's or early 90's, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Doubt it but DiMascio's?:

DiMascioMarlboroughSt.jpg

Soundman wrote: »
    Doubt it but DiMascio's?:

DiMascioMarlboroughSt.jpg

I'm not sure on this one, it looks really old. Maybe it was there before and had changed owners over the years. The name doesn't really ring any bells though. Thanks for the reply though.

Advertisement