Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privet hedge

• 06-03-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Maybe a stupid question , but was thinking of getting a privet hedge around the front garden. Just wondering if sheep will eat these. If so are there any other suggestions for hedging? I wanted it to grow about 6ft high.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

dave45dave wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question , but was thinking of getting a privet hedge around the front garden. Just wondering if sheep will eat these. If so are there any other suggestions for hedging? I wanted it to grow about 6ft high.
    Pretty sure sheep will eat most things if given the chance, you'll have to keep the sheep away from your intended hedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Pretty sure sheep will eat most things if given the chance, you'll have to keep the sheep away from your intended hedge.

Very hard to do , the little ****s seem to come out when everyone is in bed. There in the garden when im going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

dave45dave wrote: »
    Very hard to do , the little ****s seem to come out when everyone is in bed. There in the garden when im going to work.
    Yes very hard to do, I wonder how all the sheep farmers manage it atall atall.
    If it's an issue then you should speak to whomever it is that owns the sheep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

A staggered row of Rugosa Rosa Alba mixed in with the likes of Whitethorn would be nice country style flowering hedge and the razor sharp long thorns might keep the sheep at bay.You will get bareroot bundles of 25 Rosa Alba 1 meter tall and Whitethorn for 14 euro at the moment.Bareroot season is comming to an end in the next few weeks so better be quick.

Advertisement