Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

madison square

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Want to go see billy joel 21st june-
    Is there any travel agent rhat can arrange hotels flight etc
    Is it aa handy to book yourself

Any hotels nearby recommend?

Any other info appreciated

Madison square gardens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

MSG is right beside Penn station which is a pretty big train station for the NYC underground and Long Island line which basically means you can get to it from anywhere in NY state or New Jersey easy enough. There's plenty of hotels nearby but its the middle of NYC so they'll be pricey. If you stay in the city and don't care for the tube the Taxis are cheap so don't pay the premium of staying right beside MSG.

There'll be plenty of travel agents who'd put together a package for you but you'll pay extra for the privilege (google NYC travel agent dublin). I'd say just use skyscanner or similar to find yourself flights into Newark which is like the Stansted of NYC. It's in New Jersey but your flights will be much cheaper than going into JFK and the transfer bus isn't that expensive and takes about 30 mins. You could probably get a much cheaper hotel in NJ too near a station that has trains that will drop you in Penn station but I didn't try that so you'll have to look into it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Agre with above. Went to see Dylan there about 12 years ago. Amazing venue.

It's difficult to find a decent cheap hotel in Manhattan. Hotel Pennsylvania is cheap and close by but not a great hotel. That said, it's fine if just getting your head down for a few hours.

You could also try the Roosevelt which is pretty reasonable and only about a 15 minute walk up town.

If you want someone to organise it ask for you, try Travel Counsellors. I've used them in the past and it's a handy way to get the best deals without paying a premium on top.

Either way, enjoy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Book it yourself!

Ive seen David Bowie, B.B King and Neil Young on 3 different trips to NY.

The Neil Young gig was in MSG and I stayed in the Hotel Pennsylvania (literally across the road from the Garden). As the previous poster says its a very basic hotel. However its reasonably priced and perfectly located.

The Affinia Manhattan is next door to the Pennsylvania hotel and more upmarket, therefore more expensive.

Theres a lot of decent bars in the area for pre-gig drinks, Im actually getting nostalgic just thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

hiya

that's for that. I wonder could you help....

on Ticketmaster usa there seems to be one reasonably priced tickets when I search....

then if I look for 2 ...they are 1000 dollars each!!!!
    is there any other official ticket seller for MSG?

I don't want to end up paying big money only to find they are duds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

hiya

that's for that. I wonder could you help....

on Ticketmaster usa there seems to be one reasonably priced tickets when I search....

then if I look for 2 ...they are 1000 dollars each!!!!
    is there any other official ticket seller for MSG?

I don't want to end up paying big money only to find they are duds

The $1000 is for platinum seats.

Why not just book 2 seats separately. Appreciate you won't be sitting together but a lot cheaper.

It looks to be sold out on the MSG site.

Personally, I wouldnt purchase tickets anywhere other then these 2 options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I see he's playing one show at the Garden per month, for the whole year.

Every month appears to be almost sold out with the exeption of December.

There are the odd "platinum tickets" for $1,000 each available, which is what you are being offered.

However there are a number of single seats available for June 21st.

You wont get 2 seats together although having done a quick search, it threw up 2 seats in the same block.

They are;
    Block 214 Row 9 Seat 11 and Block 214 Row 5 Seat 21. ($124 each)

Not ideal as they are not together and the block is to the side of the stage.

But its the best you'll find for the june show.

2 seats together are easily available for the December gig.

Advertisement