Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage and deeds in my name, what about partner??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

If he has no children, and makes a will leaving the house to you, there will be no issues. How long you are cohabiting will dictate if there is inheritance tax due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

SarahLil wrote: »
    EF beef I am in the same sort of situation as yourself, guys off the topic slightly but I am just wondering where would I stand if something happened to my partner and he passed away, after him contributing to the house and upkeep and with no name on the deeds would his family have any entitlement to go after me for a share of the house as we are not married because he has put money into the house?

It's your house and if his name isn't on the deeds no his family (if you mean his parents, brothers and sisters) would not have any claim on it just because he paid rent and upkeep etc.

Advertisement