Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ChrUbuntu.

Options
  • 07-03-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

I have been trying to install this all day on my Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook and i just cant get it to work iv followed all instructions but once the download completes and it reboots, it just goes straight back into Chrome when its men't to boot to Ubuntu.

Iv put it into Dev Mode.
    Unlocked the Dev Mode Bios.
    Updated the Firmware.
    Installed the Files and i just don't know why it isn't working.

Please help this is wrecking my head :(..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Might get more help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

Ste- wrote: »
    Might get more help here.

Still could do with help though i cant find one on my problem :/

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

Not being rude , but have you tried Google . Just gooled it and there Youtube video on how to install it

https://www.google.ie/search?q=ChrUbuntu&oq=ChrUbuntu&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1239j0j1&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

mach1982 wrote: »
    Not being rude , but have you tried Google . Just gooled it and there Youtube video on how to install it

https://www.google.ie/search?q=ChrUbuntu&oq=ChrUbuntu&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.1239j0j1&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

No worries mate :) and yeah i was at it for about six hours yesterday :/ i tryed all the different ways, and yes there are videos up of it but they are for the Samsung Series 3 (ARM) Chromebooks and the Acer C700 Chromebook, Mine is the Samsung Series 5 (Intel) Chromebook and i found a forum explaining it but it didn't work :/ I tried that way twice, No look so unless I'm missing something small or you cant actually do it on this Chromebook/Model what ever i don't know i would just like someone that has done it or knows how to do it to give a hand be much appreciated because iv set out to do this and im making it my mission now :cool: haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I remember seeing an article on the arch Linux wiki detailing a full install.

Do you want to dual boot or have Linux only?

• Advertisement

Khannie wrote: »
    I remember seeing an article on the arch Linux wiki detailing a full install.

Do you want to dual boot or have Linux only?

well is there a way of re-installing chrome if i wanted to get rid of linux or didnt like it ?

And what i would like to do is dual boot, be more preferred i don't want to get rid of the reason i bought the chromebook just want to add to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Fair enough. I'll have a look for you. I would urge you to consider crouton for your needs. It runs inside chrome. Use it myself on b my c720 and it is great.

Khannie wrote: »
    Fair enough. I'll have a look for you. I would urge you to consider crouton for your needs. It runs inside chrome. Use it myself on b my c720 and it is great.

Yeah i had crouton as well but i just want to do a comparison :) and thanks for the help mate :)

Advertisement