Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending money to the UK?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I need to send a large amount of money (£6000) to the UK. What is the best method?

Bank draft?
    Online transfer?
    ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Do you have online banking ? If so you just need SEPA details for the receiver - IBAN and BIC. You may only be able to transfer 5k per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

quattro777 wrote: »
    I need to send a large amount of money (£6000) to the UK. What is the best method?

Bank draft?
    Online transfer?
    ?

Thanks.

Best method, as in quickest? easiest? cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

dobsdave wrote: »
    Best method, as in quickest? easiest? cheapest?

A combination of easy and relatively cheap would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I would suggest you use a provider like transferwise.com, currencyfair.com or transfermate.com for this transaction as it's going to give you a better exchange rate than simple bank account transfer.

Sure you have to fill out a form (and possible do KYC documentation), send the money to them and it will take a day (or so) extra but you can safe money on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

I don't like how the elderly are treated by modern society.

£6000 ? for that much surely you could build an extension/granny flat onto the back of your house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

donegal. wrote: »
    I don't like how the elderly are treated by modern society.

£6000 ? for that much surely you could build an extension/granny flat onto the back of your house?

OOPS! Sorry Momey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

quattro777 wrote: »
    A combination of easy and relatively cheap would be good.

I use currencyfair.com every month, costs 3 gbp.
    Takes me two full working days.
    Send euro to them on start of day one, cash is in my uk account end of business day two.

Advertisement