Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Chinese

Options
  • 07-03-2014 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

大家好

Just wanted to inquire of my fellow Rice Paddies if anybody has tried using Skritter to help them with their Chinese. I stuck it on the iPad about a week back and I've rarely been off it since; I can't praise it highly enough (apart from the subscription rate, that is, which is a little high: first week or so is free, but after that you gotta pay).

Does anybody else have any advice or recommendations to help with learning Chinese, especially the characters? Nothing too radical, of course... :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

pauldla wrote: »
    大家好

Just wanted to inquire of my fellow Rice Paddies if anybody has tried using Skritter to help them with their Chinese. I stuck it on the iPad about a week back and I've rarely been off it since; I can't praise it highly enough (apart from the subscription rate, that is, which is a little high: first week or so is free, but after that you gotta pay).

Does anybody else have any advice or recommendations to help with learning Chinese, especially the characters? Nothing too radical, of course... :pac:

I find that learning radicals can really help you when you come across a character that you don't know! And I've been told in college that recognising and understanding the characters is more important than knowing how to write them. 再见

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

haro124 wrote: »
    I find that learning radicals can really help you when you come across a character that you don't know! And I've been told in college that recognising and understanding the characters is more important than knowing how to write them. 再见

The radicals I can handle; it takes time, but I get the feeling that I can get there with them. But the tones....oh the tones....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

我叫杀小是。
    That's about all I can remember from doing Chinese :P

Advertisement