Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona

• 07-03-2014 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Heading for the weekend soon, whats are the must do's and must sees!

Also if anyone can recommend a waterpark (hoping they're open this time of year) it'd be great!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

The major must see attractions are the Gaudi modernist architecture (Sagrada Familia, Park Güell etc.) You'll see a lot of that on foot. Montjuic mountain has some fantastic views of the city as well as the Olympic Park. Also check out the Gothic Quarter as some of the buildings date back to medieval times. Also exercise some due diligence regards your personal belongings.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

Fortaventura is a really good waterpark, about 1hr on the train from the city centre. The Nou Camp is also really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

cheers fellas! anyone else have any recommendations?

SRFC90 wrote: »
    cheers fellas! anyone else have any recommendations?

Yes, definitely check out La Boqueria Market in Las Ramblas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Here's what I did:

Picasso Museum - Definitely worth a look
    Olympic Park - Same, depends on weather though
    La Rambla - Worth a walk around, watch out for pikeys though.
    Gothic Quarter - Cool spot for a mooch around
    Sagrada Familia - Must see.

I only had three days, so I'll definitely be going back.

If you are getting the shuttle train from the Airport, keep your eyes open.
    The missus was getting eyed up by a couple of gypo's something shocking on the train, They didn't know we were travelling together as I was a few feet away on a crowded train. They start to move closer to her as we pulled up to a stop, and as the first people started to get off I just locked eyes on the pikey lad, stepped over beside her and shook my head. He turned and hopped off the train.
    #SNAKESONATRAIN :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Here's what I did:

Picasso Museum - Definitely worth a look
    Olympic Park - Same, depends on weather though
    La Rambla - Worth a walk around, watch out for pikeys though.
    Gothic Quarter - Cool spot for a mooch around
    Sagrada Familia - Must see.

I only had three days, so I'll definitely be going back.

If you are getting the shuttle train from the Airport, keep your eyes open.
    The missus was getting eyed up by a couple of gypo's something shocking on the train, They didn't know we were travelling together as I was a few feet away on a crowded train. They start to move closer to her as we pulled up to a stop, and as the first people started to get off I just locked eyes on the pikey lad, stepped over beside her and shook my head. He turned and hopped off the train.
    #SNAKESONATRAIN :rolleyes:

Thanks, how much money did you need for the 3 days? There's 2 of us travelling also!

Around €400 covered me for 3 days when I was there. That's including everything from transport to food/drink to attractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Heading here myself in 2 weeks - thanks for this info. Must book the tour of camp nou. Whats the bars like in the city?

Advertisement