Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer problem

Options
  • 07-03-2014 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

hey guys im working in a supernarket for the past 5years and am 7months pregnant i told my employer just after xmas when i had my scan etc..anyway since than his making my work life pretty difficult.he hasnt changed my hours as such (he cant im full time)but he has moved me to checkouts where i am constanly on my own and this includes me lifting heavy newspapers and magazines and standing on my feet for my whole 9hour/10hour shift also when i tell him about my hospital and doctur appointments he gives them to me but as a day off whereas i should be allowed paid time off.his not a person you can confront cus the answer will be its my shop ill do what i want..i feel like just going to the doc and going out sick but that wont help my stituation either any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Visit Citizen's Information, and ask if they can help explain the consequences of his actions to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Have HR spoken to you or vice versa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

faceman wrote: »
    Have HR spoken to you or vice versa?

supermarket could be owner run..
    many workers have no HR department to turn to..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

his not a person you can confront cus the answer will be its my shop ill do what i want..

It would be best chat to him and raise your point rather that assuming what he's going to say.
    Just ask him can you sit down for 5 minutes when he's free. That's all you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If where you work is unionised then you should contact your union and get them to speak on your behalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement