Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illegitimate ban from AH

Options
  • 07-03-2014 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi there,

I have been banned from AH by a AH mod and it is an unfair ban and not even answering my appeal by pm.

Firstly she says I'm a rereg. Impossible. This is my first account and I'm posting in work and signed up in work. So I've no idea what she is talking about. You can check IPs etc if you want.

I apparently ignored mods instructions :confused::confused: impossible because I wasn't even PM'ed a warning or even one posted on the thread.

We were discussing the lack of males in females in certain areas and I suggested that sexism is not part of it. The reason for lack of male teachers is simply lack of interest and lack of female politicians is possible similar. She ignored my PM so I want to escalate this here.

All the best.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭All Hail President Murphy

Anyone home??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You have to wait a little longer than 11 minutes.

One of the Rec CMods will get to this when they have some spare time.

Mr E wrote: »
    You have to wait a little longer than 11 minutes.

One of the Rec CMods will get to this when they have some spare time.

Seeing as you're the site administrator, can you not overrule any ban put down by a moderator?

Surely you can look at the threads and wee the evidence and make your own judgement.

The reason I was banned was for allegedly being a rereg.

Can you not see from your system that I am not a rereg?

If you can see that I am not a rereg, then would that not invalidate Whoopsadaisydoodles ban and my ban can be lifted?

How can whoospsa accuse me of such a thing?

I'm afraid not. There is a process that has to be followed.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm afraid not. There is a process that has to be followed.

It's a bulletin boards not an an investigation into a capital offence. Jesus.

Do you acknowledge that I am not a rereg from records / system ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi All Hail President Murphy,

I'll look into this and get back to you. Please be patient and allow a reasonable amount of time while this matter is being discussed.

Thanks.

Hi Penn have you gotten a chance to look into that ? Really upset about this.

?

It seems you are quick enough to pounce and ban people but very slow to answer appeals. A bit like clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Penn have you gotten a chance to look into that ? Really upset about this.

Again,
    Penn wrote: »
    Please be patient and allow a reasonable amount of time while this matter is being discussed.

• Advertisement

Hi I'm still waiting. I understand things take a while but it shouldn't take this long.

You said I have to wait a little longer than 11 minutes eh ?? Well, it's been much more now.

Why is it that the moderator in question has been online several times now?? I appreciate the fact that she may be busy, but at least have the decency to answer my mail and say "we are looking into it" or something. But no, nothing at all. Surely looking into someone elses ban is a priority over posting. I mean with surely with the power a mod has, comes the responsibility to look after its users.

???

IS ANYONE GOING TO ANSWER MY THREAD HERE?? I WAS BANNED WITHOUT REASON BY A MODERATOR OF AFTER HOURS AND NO EXPLANATION WAS GIVEN WHATSOEVER OTHER THAN I APPARENTLY IGNORED A MOD INSTRUCTION (EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T EVEN GIVEN ANY) AND THAT I WAS A REREG, AND MR.E, AND ALL THE ADMINS CAN CLEARLY SEE I AM NOT A REREG, YET I AM STILL HERE. CAN AN ADMIN NOT OVERRULE A MOD??

WHY IS IT THAT THE MOD WHO BANNED ME IS "TOO BUSY" TO ANSWER PM'S, YET SHE HAS ENOUGH TIME TO BAN OTHER PEOPLE AND POST OUTSIDE THE CAPACITY OF A MODERATOR, SAME WITH ALL OF THE OTHER MODS AND ADMINS HERE.

I AM BEING LEFT HERE TO ROT WITH NO ONE ANSWERING ME. I'D RATHER FANCY MY CHANCES IN AN ISLAMIC SHARIA LAW COURT IN SAUDI ARABIA THAN HERE. CAN NO ONE TALK TO ME AND LET ME KNOW MY SITUATION?? I AM REALLY GETTING IMPATIENT HERE.

I'm locking this thread to stop the showboating. Sharia Law Court... give me a break.

Someone will post here by the end of the day.

Posting here as promised. I understand you're having a discussion with Gordon via PM, so let's see where that goes.

Hi I've just updated Gordon with everything.

He agrees with Whoopsa that I am a rereg because of my "disposable" email address. The numbers at the end are my work ID, that's why I use them, easy to remember the first two words were just random.

can you not tell from IPs that I am not a rereg?

As for my email address ?? what's that to do with you?? I am not very good at thinking o email addresses or usernames, so I just picked n*****r and 1*****5 is my work ID number so it's easy to remember (as n******r on it's own was already taken).

The reason I wanted a new email address was if I used my personal / work one I'd end up bombarded with spam from boards updates and notifications and I like to keep my inbox free for important stuff.

?

Is no one going to answer me?

Still investigating.
    Locking this again until Gordon can answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

User has been banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement