Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax and Super Query

Options
  • 07-03-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all

I was working in Melbourne for 5 and a half months with 1 employer but had to come home 2 weeks ago.I've heard that i need to be in the country for 6 months in order to be able to claim my tax back.
    I was a resident for tax purposes while there.
    Does anyone know if i can make a claim?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

road dog wrote: »
    Hi all

I was working in Melbourne for 5 and a half months with 1 employer but had to come home 2 weeks ago.I've heard that i need to be in the country for 6 months in order to be able to claim my tax back.
    I was a resident for tax purposes while there.
    Does anyone know if i can make a claim?
    Thanks

Were you working for five and a half months or living there for five and a half months?

So long as the entry and exit stamps on your passport show 6 months you were a resident for tax purposes. If you weren't then you are unlikely to be able to claim anything back and may in actual fact owe them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 road dog

I was living there for 5 and a half months but only working for 5 months.Seems im screwed so.Thanks for the reply batgurl.

Advertisement