Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order problem!!!!

Options
  • 07-03-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

After many attempts at standing order at my bank for many weeks thru internet banking or use card in machine.

A senior bank official came on to me after series of failed attempts at my bank, she said that Electric Ireland doesn't accept Standing order at all either paper or an electronic format.

She showed me your website, which confirmed this as she told me many customers of hers came to the same problem as mine in regards to S/O..

She also said that i must log-in internet banking or card machine every week paying regularly via DD as S/O isn't an option anymore (per Electric Ireland website)although it's inconvenient for me.

Is that a new policy coming from Electric Ireland?

I have already emailed them as well awaiting their response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi there,

Clarification on this is currently being sought for you, and we will update you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hello again,

All the ways to make payment to Electric Ireland are listed here on our website. Standing order is not included on that list, however we are still checking for confirmation as to whether it is never an option for Electric Ireland customers to set up a standing order via their bank.

We will update you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Hello again,

All the ways to make payment to Electric Ireland are listed here on our website. Standing order is not included on that list, however we are still checking for confirmation as to whether it is never an option for Electric Ireland customers to set up a standing order via their bank.

We will update you ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

Thank you Una re your response as i await in regards to the option therein.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

I pay by standing order.
    No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I was able to add them on AIB banking online no problem just needed my EI account number

• Advertisement

Thanks re other posts as I still await for replies from Electric Ireland.

Tried it on Internet banking earlier today as it came out with a message :

'You cannot transfer funds to this account. To setup this account for payment, please select add bill within the bill pay option'. (Ref: 330):mad:

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience. I escalated your query and it was confirmed to me that it is possible for customers to set up a standing order with Electric Ireland, but if there is any issue with doing so, it would be a query for the customer's bank. Standing order is not included in Electric Ireland's payment methods list because it is a payment system that is not set up with Electric Ireland but is agreed to with the customer's bank.

Kind regards,
    Una

Hello again,

Thanks for your patience. I escalated your query and it was confirmed to me that it is possible for customers to set up a standing order with Electric Ireland, but if there is any issue with doing so, it would be a query for the customer's bank. Standing order is not included in Electric Ireland's payment methods list because it is a payment system that is not set up with Electric Ireland but is agreed to with the customer's bank.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Last week AIB official said that it was no point re internet banking or electronic as Electric Ireland won't accept this none whatsoever.

So after my discussion with my bank, AIB agreed to sent a paper format in way of Standing order last week in the hope that it might work. It had worked for me before with no problems.

Now I received a letter from AIB stating that the standing order (paper format) has today been returned as a standing order cannot be set up into this account.

I was wondering what's the point of dealing with Electric Ireland's inflexibility of dealing their business with their customers when it comes to standing orders.

One guy told me that he moved to Airtricity because of that. So it had me thinking about it-other options re switch when rewiring of house is done  later this summer/Autumn.

Hello again,

Can you private message us your Electric Ireland account number and name/address/telephone number, confirming that you are the account-holder?

Thanks and regards,
    Una

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Was this anomaly ever resolved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 IcarusPlus

Hi,

I recently tried to set up a standing order with EI to pay off late arrears on my father's account (I have power of attorney). 

I submitted this without any problem at his bank, having been advised by EI that this was acceptable, but after a two-week wait, I was told by the bank that they could not set up a standing order. I was then sent a terse warning letter from EI that I had not met the terms of the agreed payment plan.

I'm told that I can only submit through DD or online, but this is inconvenient as I am still in the process of setting up access to my father's account.

Hi IcarusPlus,

Sorry you are unhappy with the letter you received. This would have been automated and we can look into the account no problem to accommodate the payment plan again.
    If the bank cannot set up a standing order, here is a list on our website of all the ways in which payment (of each installment on or before each installment date) can be made: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/payment-options.jsp

If you would like us to view the account here on Boards.ie, just private message me the account number, name, address and telephone number, as well as your name also.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement