Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options
  • 07-03-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Just seen on the Facebook page that early bird tickets are getting launched in Monday 10th March, so a line up will probably announced soon after that too.

From Facebook:
    "Bulmers & POD Presents Forbidden Fruit Festival 2014 - The City Centre Multi-Stage Music & Arts Festival. Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June Bank Holiday Weekend at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin

The Forbidden Fruit Festival is returning for another Bank Holiday feast of music, art and comedy this June in one of Dublin’s most beautiful settings on the grounds of the Irish Museum of Modern Art.

This year’s early bird tickets go on sale this coming Monday 10th March. Early Bird Day Tickets priced €49.50 / 2-Day Tickets: €99.50 from Ticketmaster Ireland.

Prices include booking fee but subject to service charges.

“A festival like this has been a long time coming, one that combines music, art, fashion and simple good vibes into a two-day city-based event.” The Irish Times.

Line-up announcement coming very soon!"

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

€20 increase from last year's EB price (€79). think €99 was the final price last year?
    will wait for the lineup before buying anyway, last year's wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The day ticket price hasn't increased that much since 2011, it was 45 euro for the Sunday that year, its 49.50 this year.

On, on the last day of Primavera so should be an interesting exchange of acts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Haven't checked any schedules but ye'd think Foals, Mogwai, Cut Copy, Daniel Avery, Cloud Nothings, Jagwar Ma, Slowdive, !!! and Sharon Van Etten would be the kind of PS acts they'd be after. Kendrick Lamar and NIN at a real push. None of em have festivals here lined up that I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Haven't checked any schedules but ye'd think Foals, Mogwai, Cut Copy, Daniel Avery, Cloud Nothings, Jagwar Ma, Slowdive, !!! and Sharon Van Etten would be the kind of PS acts they'd be after. Kendrick Lamar and NIN at a real push. None of em have festivals here lined up that I can think of.

Nine Inch Nails are playing Primerva sound on Sat 31st and Toulouse on the Sunday 1st so unfortunately can rule them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Nine Inch Nails are playing Primerva sound on Sat 31st and Toulouse on the Sunday 1st so unfortunately can rule them out.

F*ck :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe Queens for headliner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Imagine, I went last year and had a blast, I am probably going this year regardless of the headliners, but queens would be perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Any chance Aphex Twin would play again?

HighClass wrote: »
    Any chance Aphex Twin would play again?

That was Forbidden Fruit's finest scoop, I want him to do the Picnic this time, a late night slot would be good. Loved him at FF the last time it just felt odd that three quarters of the set was in daylight. He suits a dark marquee more for his amazing laser show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

PadraigOK wrote: »

Doubt Foals will play seen as they were here twice in February. Cut Copy and Cloud Nothings are playing here already, I think Jagwar Ma are too so I really doubt that they'll play both. Can't see NIN happening at all this year.

Mogwai and Slowdive are potentially a good shout though...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭fits

Portishead and dark side have to turn up at something...

playing in Spain on Thurs, then Italy on Sunday, France on Monday and Italy again on Tuesday too. doubt they'd fly up here just for the Saturday.

fits wrote: »
    Portishead and dark side have to turn up at something...
    Darkside are playing Body & Soul.

playing in Spain on Thurs, then Italy on Sunday, France on Monday and Italy again on Tuesday too. doubt they'd fly up here just for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

The Flaming Lips are playing a few shows in the UK finishing on May 29th with weekend of FF completely free so would be shocked if they were headlining. Although they are back in the UK in August for End of the Road Festival so possibly an appearance at EP instead.

http://flaminglips.com/tour

Was just throwing a few out there. Quite a few I mentioned are already lined up to play elsewhere too. Who'd be a booker in this climate?!

PadraigOK: "Was just throwing a few out there. Quite a few I mentioned are already lined up to play elsewhere too. Who'd be a booker in this climate?!"

Probably Declan Forde who does the booking for Electric Picnic and Harvest festival in Australia.

Edit: Done

That was rhetorical. Should start using the quote function. Would help explain my posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Wouldn't they be too big to headline something like Forbidden Fruit? What's the capacity, 10k?

• Advertisement

have Warpaint played here since EP?

new album and large tour at the moment, loads of UK/European dates throughout it, no Ireland date.
    playing Primavera on Thursday, in Germany on the Saturday, then Norwich on the following Wednesday, before going down to Portugal.

Dublin on the Sunday could be quite possible.

have Warpaint played here since EP?

new album and large tour at the moment, loads of UK/European dates throughout it, no Ireland date.
    playing Primavera on Thursday, in Germany on the Saturday, then Norwich on the following Wednesday, before going down to Portugal.

Dublin on the Sunday could be quite possible.

Can definitely see it happening. They are everywhere this summer.

Wouldn't they be too big to headline something like Forbidden Fruit? What's the capacity, 10k?

Not sure , Kasabian did it last year and they were prob the biggest headliner they have had . Although can still see Queens probably pick EP

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

I'm praying to have Beck or Damon Albarn this year.

There will be a first announcement tomorrow for Saturdays acts, should be interesting.
    10003023_666160133430915_386655686_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

any guesses on who will be announced ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

cant wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

They won't be massive names, considering how low the ticket prices are and the costs of putting this on, i would expect no big names, it was nowhere near a sell out last year so i am quite suprised it is even going ahead this year

Flaming Lips and Beck will be good bet for headliners also Pet Shop Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Beck Pet Shop Boys and APHEX TWIN! would be amazing. Last year was ok, but nothing compaired to the first year.

Might pick just one day this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 backstreets

I remember going last year to the Saturday and i just went to see kasabian as did pretty much everyone else there and there was just a lot of waiting around as there were no other decent bands on, we spent most of the time in the comedy tent and then just headed up to see kasabian who were fantastic

I think Longitude has really taken over from F.F

Advertisement