Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I remember going last year to the Saturday and i just went to see kasabian as did pretty much everyone else there and there was just a lot of waiting around as there were no other decent bands on, we spent most of the time in the comedy tent and then just headed up to see kasabian who were fantastic

I think Longitude has really taken over from F.F

Ghostpoet, Crystal Castles, Jagwar Ma, James Blake, Le Galaxie, Kormac's big band.

You missed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Thought the lineup last year was pretty good myself? Toro Y Moi, Woodkid, Chic, Primal Scream, James Blake, Kasabian, Cyrstal Castles, Ghostpoet, Four Tet, iamamiwhoami, Fight Like Apes and loads more. Better than what Longitude have so far this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Went the first year and loved it , skipped the 2nd year and went again last year . Yea tbh i only went for Kasabian last year but still caught Hot Sprockets(who were great) , the end of Crystal Castles(who i could not wait to be over tbh just sounded like noise and your one just screaming ****) . Went to the comedy tent too and seen your man Eoin Mc Love from Father Ted (cant remember his name) . Think i seen a few other acts while i was floating around . The weather was fairly good last year too

So rumours?

Placebo
    Queens (Although can see them doing EP)
    Foals (either FF or EP id say)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Have to admit that last year, the first day was a bit rubbish. Lineup wasn't exactly to my taste, but the atmosphere around the place wasn't great either. The second day very much made up for it though. You're going to have that when you have the likes of Chic, Four Tet, Daphni etc. playing in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I'm very surprised there's been no leaks, there was zero mention of Kasabian and Primal Scream in the predictions last year so I wonder will there be any surprises this time around.

If I had to guess I'd say at least a couple of these:
    - Metronomy, Flaming Lips, TEED, London Grammar, Duke Dumont, Damon Albarn, Pet Shop Boys, Warpaint, Jaime XX, Le Galaxie.

Very unlikely but maybe Foals or St Vincent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

pretty certain that Flaming Lips and Warpaint are playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Flaming Lips already headlined FF, would they really get the same act again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

anyone know what time the announcement is at ?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lunchtime. Usually starts to come out on twitter after 11.

Longitude is always early evening for some reason.

FlyLo and Fukc Buttons?! I'm there! :D

Nils Frahm, Young Knives and Vann Music playing too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

I'll be going whatever day FlyLo is playing anyway, was hoping he'd be at EP but once I get to see him I'll be happy. Not mad about the rest but I'm sure there'll be more added I like :)

Edit: Just seen on Twitter that's all for the Saturday. Saturday it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

This is disappointing. Don't care about any of these acts.

FlyLo's 3d show looks fantastic, 4mins into the 2nd video is brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

How much work/thought went into booking the acts when all they could come up with was The Flaming Lips (again) as a headline act?

I (like many others) have lost count of the amount of times I have seen them at festivals over the years. Are there that few acts out there that The Flaming Lips need to be called upon year after year to headline a festival in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Bellies and Lips are enough to get me there on the Saturday night. It's also an added bonus that I can walk home afterwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the flaming lips . . . . .again. . . . . . . .wow. . . . .. . . . lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Mr.S wrote: »
    Flaming Lips

BelX1

flying Lotus

**** buttons

Has the to be the most disappointing line up first announcement iv seen in a while! im praying for better acts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not really impressed either, so much for the Primavera Sound crossover theory

Ah well, if the weather is good ill probably head in one of the days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

they better have sumtin up there sleeve for sunday...

Only seven bands announced and the naysayers out in force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Think it is great having The Flaming Lips, **** Buttons and FlyLo, if they just got rid of Bell X1 it would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

That 3D show looks like it'd be worth the admission price alone.

Seeing FB in Belfast at the start of May so it's looking unlikely that I'll venture down for this, hopefully get FlyLo at Glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Flylo on Sat is a big push for me to get a Saturday ticket so far!
    I wonder if Le Galaxie will play..... again, :D love those guys

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Flying Lotus I missed him at the 2011 Picnic, so wouldn't mind seeing him and the Fcuk Buttons, missed them at Body&Soul last year, so them too, I'll wait and see what else gets added.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Solid announcement in my book...

I missed F Buttons last year at a few festivals - was hoping they'd show up on some bill again this year so I could put that right - chuffed to see them.

Nils Frahm is a total legend - seen him twice before - not sure how a solo pianist will go down with the crowd though.... I back him to win people over.

Been a few years since I've seen a Lips show so happy enough with them.

FlyLo is an interesting booking - and interested in Vann Music too.

In summary, enough there for me already for Saturday. Ticket purchase likely.

Anyone know if Hidden Agenda are involved again this year? I think they ran a tent there on the Sunday last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Flaming Lips are a far better headliner than Kasabian or Primal Scream anyway. Flylo, **** buttons and Nils Frahm all definitely worth seeing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ah this thread needs a bump I feel. Ahhh it's just so fresh and positive in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

predictions for Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'd like to see Portugal. The Man. They'll be in Europe around that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

Beck. Should be Beck and nothing else but Beck XD.

Advertisement