Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

http://www.hotpress.com/Forbidden-Fruit/news/2ManyDJs--Warpaint-among-Sunday-acts-at-Forbidden-Fruit/11219344.html

2ManyDJs, Warpaint, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Little Dragon, Public Enemy, Gold Panda, Klangarussell, Brian Deady and more still to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Gold Panda and Public Enemy?! Nice. The rest I'm not overly enamored with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

I like little dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Another decent announcement. 2 good (albeit very frequent) headliners in the lips and 2 many djs, public enemy, gold panda and warpaint are all decent, and TEED and little dragon are worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Disappointing. Not even an ageing band who used to be on Creation, or a modern band who claim they are "the best band in the world."

Happy I didn't buy the pre-sale tickets now. Keep the money for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Going to have a hard time picking which day now. Saw Public Enemy at Glastonbury last year and they put on a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Probably just the Saturday for me but can't wait, great little festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

Was hoping for something a bit more left of field than 2ManyDJ for their big dance act. They're kinda fun, but Aphex Twin they are not.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not mad about the line up so might wait longer and see who else is added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Switch Bell X1 and Public Enemy around and you would have a fantastic lineup for Saturday.

Was hoping for something a bit more left of field than 2ManyDJ for their big dance act. They're kinda fun, but Aphex Twin they are not.

Aphex twin didn't exactly go down a treat in 2011. 2 many Djs are more of a crowd pleaser.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Aphex twin didn't exactly go down a treat in 2011. 2 many Djs are more of a crowd pleaser.

Also because AT was on and it was still really bright didnt really help either .

Also because AT was on and it was still really bright didnt really help either .

And the fact that he didn't play one recognisable tune.
    Better off in a tent for the big electronic heads, half the crowd didnt know what to
    Make of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

It says '2manyDJs dj set' on the poster, is there any significance in that or is it just pointing out the obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

And the fact that he didn't play one recognisable tune.
    Better off in a tent for the big electronic heads, half the crowd didnt know what to
    Make of him.

If you were an Aphex Twin fan, that set was magic.

But point taken that 2ManyDJs are good crowd pleasers, though lately their sets have been very pre-scripted to tie in with the visuals they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Saw F Buttons in the Button Factory last year. Great gig. Like a giant wall of sound coming at you. Any chance that Flying Lotus and F Buttons will be on at the same time as these are the main two i'd like to catch on the Sat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lc180 wrote: »
    It says '2manyDJs dj set' on the poster, is there any significance in that or is it just pointing out the obvious?
    do they usually do a live set? or at least as live as can be with their own remixes?

it's only this year I've noticed them billed as a DJ set at other gigs, so could well just be one of them DJing.

I doubt 99% of the crowd know the difference between a live set and DJ set anyway, and when i've seen them before i can't imagine many of the songs were being done live so probably won't make much of a difference.

do they usually do a live set? or at least as live as can be with their own remixes?

it's only this year I've noticed them billed as a DJ set at other gigs, so could well just be one of them DJing.

I doubt 99% of the crowd know the difference between a live set and DJ set anyway, and when i've seen them before i can't imagine many of the songs were being done live so probably won't make much of a difference.

At Indie few years ago they were down as DJ Set too . But are'nt all their sets a dj set though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I would have thought so, it's been so long before that Indiependence that I saw them last that I can't remember anything about their set before that anyway.
    their Indie gig was full of classics and their own remixes, so should be the same at FF i would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sick of seeing 2manyDj's on Irish festivals here.

Hoping for something special from the Picnic, because FF and Longitude are really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Not a bad line up but may save my money for Indiependence instead though obviously depends on line up announcement there.

Yea gonna save money for EP (if the line up is anything like the leak that is going around) and then see who has the better line up of festivals during the summer .

Longitude is number 2 after EP at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you were an Aphex Twin fan, that set was magic.

But point taken that 2ManyDJs are good crowd pleasers, though lately their sets have been very pre-scripted to tie in with the visuals they have.

It certainly was magic, especially when Aphex dropped tracks like this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yea gonna save money for EP (if the line up is anything like the leak that is going around) and then see who has the better line up of festivals during the summer .

Only decent acts at Longitude are Massive Attack and CHRVCHES. Rest of it is pop radio muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Only decent acts at Longitude are Massive Attack and CHRVCHES. Rest of it is pop radio muck.
    Bonobo, Eagulls, Parquet Courts, Koreless, Samaris, heck even First Aid Kit, would beg to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hopefully Indiependence pull off a few good acts. Body & Soul has a decent lineup IMO will try and head to that.

Abroad, Pinkpop and Latitude are seriously tempting just the travelling adds a bit more.

PadraigOK wrote: »
    Bonobo, Eagulls, Parquet Courts, Koreless, Samaris, heck even First Aid Kit, would beg to differ.

They can all they want, bonobo and parquet courts are grand, nothing special at all. If this is the best the festival has to offer, they must have spunked an awful lot on ****e like Ben Howard, Hozier, Bastille etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Im tired of seeing 2manyDj's on line up for irish festival. A fafe bet for the booking agent

I wouldn't ind seeing Soulwax on this bill tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Im tired of seeing 2manyDj's on line up for irish festival. A fafe bet for the booking agent

I wouldn't ind seeing Soulwax on this bill tbh
    You do realise they're the same people?

Advertisement