Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

AdMMM wrote: »
    You do realise they're the same people?

You do realise Soulwax is their band and is a completely different show to their 2manyDJs act?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

Zymurgist wrote: »
    You do realise Soulwax is their band and is a completely different show to their 2manyDJs act?

Thank you for getting there before me :) Shows so how much people know about the acts they will be seeing, Intolerable know it all :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Soulwax were meant to play Sonar and cancelled saying that they wanted finish their album. That was last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Only decent acts at Longitude are Massive Attack and CHRVCHES. Rest of it is pop radio muck.

I'd throw Chrvches in with that muck to be honest. Highly uninspiring band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Corholio wrote: »
    I'd throw Chrvches in with that muck to be honest. Highly uninspiring band.

hate to bring the thread offtopic but 100% agree. everyone has their own taste but Chrvches is hyped up in 'indie' circles because of a hot singer and one cracking song. every other song i've heard puts me to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 fhilbilly97

anyone know if they will be strict on there over 18s rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Considering going to this for the first time, I see its a no camping festival, can anyone recommend any decent hostels or b+b's in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Considering going to this for the first time, I see its a no camping festival, can anyone recommend any decent hostels or b+b's in the area?

There's the Glenkeen House B&B in Inchicore. You could just stay at any hostel in town near the Luas line. The festival site is a short walk from the Heuston Station Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

JJ wrote: »
    There's the Glenkeen House B&B in Inchicore. You could just stay at any hostel in town near the Luas line. The festival site is a short walk from the Heuston Station Luas stop.

Thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

meoklmrk91 wrote: »

Theres the Generator Hostel in Smithfield which is only 2 stops away on the Luas. Alternatively the afterparties will probably be in the Workmans, Button Factory and Meeting House Sqr so if wanna be close to that then Abigals Hostel on the quays is your best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Defo want to go Sunday for Public Enemy, Little Dragon and Gold Panda. Tempted to do Saturday as well purely for FlyLo, no idea who the others are save for Flaming Lips and Bol**xEleven and I'm not into them...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I got my ticket for the 31st May. The Flaming Lips are one of my favourite bands and I haven't seen them before. I like F*ck Buttons too so it should be good.

Myself and a friend have tickets for both days, problem is we are 16, my favourite bands are playing ff this year so please someone make me feel optimistic about my chances of getting in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Myself and a friend have tickets for both days, problem is we are 16, my favourite bands are playing ff this year so please someone make me feel optimistic about my chances of getting in

Maybe throw up at photo of yourself, I canna tell from here. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭44thservice

The new little dragon track is nice

https://soundcloud.com/littledragon/little-dragon-paris-zane-lowes#t=0:55

:) Looking forward now

• Registered Users Posts: 13 i_am_beard

So excited! Should be a quality weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

I've never seen anyone get asked for ID at these things. You'd want to be in nappies to be pulled up. Best bet though is to go in when it's busy and the ticket guys are more focused on whether people have tickets/wristbands.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

haven't been to this for a few years

does anyone know will Flaming Lips and BellX1 both be playing main stage or is there a chance they could clash if playing different stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

ergo wrote: »
    haven't been to this for a few years

does anyone know will Flaming Lips and BellX1 both be playing main stage or is there a chance they could clash if playing different stages?

We won't know for certain until about a week before the festival BUT going by last year's festival:

http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/forbidden-fruit-festival/forbidden-fruit-2013

the two headliners on each day were last and second to last on the main stage each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Suas11 wrote: »
    I got my ticket for the 31st May. The Flaming Lips are one of my favourite bands and I haven't seen them before. I like F*ck Buttons too so it should be good.

They'll blow you away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Apparently they've stopped all the crazy hamster ball antics and confetti wands etc, which is a shame, but they're still a brilliant live band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

must be another announcement soon surely, 6 weeks to go and only 7/8 acts for each day so far.
    Life festival is the week before FF and has it's full 100+ lineup announced already....

I see where your coming from, B&S announced first, then FF then EP, so announcements due from FF and EP I think.
    Just got this from the FF Facebook, they replied to someones question about the next announcement on the 31st March.
    FF: " Ha! Believe me, we are too! All in good time James, should be along in the next 11/12 days or close to then." so announcement for FF overdue by the looks of it.

Wild Beasts added to the Forbidden Fruit line up, so maybe ruled out of EP now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Orbital will be in Dublin the end of May, so expecting them to be added to the Saturday.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Orbital will be in Dublin the end of May, so expecting them to be added to the Saturday.

I think they are doing a DJ set at one of the after parties too.

Got this from the People's Republic of Cork music forum, six acts including the Wild Beasts added: Wild Beasts, Captain Murphy (Fly Lo’s rap alterego), Thundercat, Kid Karate, The Range and To Kill A King.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

FlyLo and Thundercat, damn!

anyone think that Mac DeMarco might make an appearance at this as he is in Europe the week before doing a tour that isnt coming to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Gash, was only planning on going the Saturday but may have to switch days now with Wild Beasts playing.

Can anyone remember which night had the afterparty last year in meeting house square? I think it was only one night but can't remember which one.

Advertisement