Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Can anyone remember which night had the afterparty last year in meeting house square? I think it was only one night but can't remember which one.

It was the Sunday night.

I see the Workmans Club mentioned on the poster this year so I'd imagine some of the after parties will be there this year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Announcement next week. I imagine it'll just be small Irish bands and Djs, maybe 1 or 2 average size acts. We presumably have the main acts on the main stage and the headliners of the other two stages already.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

There are too many DJs in the festival, I hope there are more bands. One or two big names should be great. I'm looking forward to Little Dragon, Warpaint and Public Enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ersemi wrote: »
    There are too many DJs in the festival, I hope there are more bands. One or two big names should be great. I'm looking forward to Little Dragon, Warpaint and Public Enemy.
    there are only 2 DJs, perhaps 3, announced so far :confused:

I suppose if you consider Flying Lotus, Gold Panda etc Djs then you just consider all electronic music DJing. Which is fairly reductive.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's what I meant. Too much electronic. I mean, I like electronic if its like Little Dragon, at least you can see people doing something. I prefer bands who uses electronic music than just electronic music guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hidden Agenda mentioned on facebook that they will be announcing the lineup for their stage sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I wonder if Warpaint's set will be as bland and unmoving as their EP one from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Detroit Swindle playing on the Sunday according to Gigatools. Presume they will be in the Hidden Agenda tent.

https://twitter.com/PODLIVEGIGS/status/466254501398073347
    POD Presents ‏@PODLIVEGIGS 3h

More acts announced tomorrow for Forbidden Fruit Festival!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

What are the chances of this selling out? Might grab a ticket last minute funds permitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

What are the chances of this selling out? Might grab a ticket last minute funds permitting.

I doubt it'll sell out before 24th May, if the weather forecast looks decent at that time I would say there's a good chance it'll sell out.

didn't sell out last year as far as i can remember even with good weather, certainly not before the day of it anyway, so doubt it will this year either.

didn't sell out last year as far as i can remember even with good weather, certainly not before the day of it anyway, so doubt it will this year either.

Two of my friends bought day tickets on the Saturday at around 6 last year. Don't think it'll sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

What time is the announcement for this is at 12, 2 or 7pm?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

What time is the announcement for this is at 12, 2 or 7pm?

Think it is at 4pm. Hidden Agenda just posted on Facebook that they will be announcing their stage at 4

Additions:

And So I Watch You From Afar
    Girls Names
    Lisa O’Neill
    Squarehead
    Gavin James
    Dublin Afrobeat Ensemble
    The Eskies
    Daithi
    New Secret Weapon
    Let’s Set Sail
    The Notas
    Sounds of System Breakdown
    Erol Alkan
    D.O.P
    Detroit Swindle
    John Heckle
    Session Victim
    Tone of Arc
    Hidden Agenda DJs

Stages:
    website-body.png

Oh good. Flying Lotus clashing with Flaming Lips. FFS.

Incredibly abysmal compared to other years.

Any of those is interesting? I saw Dublin Afrobeat Ensemble last year. I like Afrobeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

And So I Watch You From Afar added to Saturday? Yes, please! With them and the Bellies and the Flaming Lips, that's a nice 1, 2, 3 punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

JJ wrote: »
    And So I Watch You From Afar added to Saturday? Yes, please! With them and the Bellies and the Flaming Lips, that's a nice 1, 2, 3 punch.

Agreed. Could take or leave Sunday so might just buy a day ticket this year.

If you can, check out Vann Music. Very good band. Saw them at Indiependence on one of the smaller stages and the place was hopping. Be interested to see how they do on the main stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭hugeglobe

1st time going forbidden fruit this year, where do the crowd generally go after it ends? As I hear it finishes up at around 11.

anywhere in the city centre really, it's only a 15min walk away.
    there'll probably be after-parties in the Workmans club, and Button Factory as both are running stages....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭this_time

Does anyone know what drinks they'll serve at the bars this year? It's a bulmers event but I presume they'll sell more than cider. Basically I'm trying to find out if they'll have stout! Did a search on this thread and don't see anything. Thanks

this_time wrote: »
    Does anyone know what drinks they'll serve at the bars this year? It's a bulmers event but I presume they'll sell more than cider. Basically I'm trying to find out if they'll have stout! Did a search on this thread and don't see anything. Thanks

Bulmers, Becks, wine.

Have a vague feeling that one year there was a stall selling some sort of stout/craft beer, but definitely not from the main bars, and definitely didn't see it last year.

apparently this week's Hot Press (with Wayne Cyone on the front) has the timetable and map in it....

Yeah was looking for it online but no dice. Clever marketing in fairness to them. I'll just take a snapshot of it in a shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone got an updated Spotify playlist with all the new additions? Might make one if there isn't any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yeah was looking for it online but no dice. Clever marketing in fairness to them. I'll just take a snapshot of it in a shop though.

Can you throw it up here if you do?

Advertisement