Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

I'll give it a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Wow Public Enemy are on very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Oh good. Flying Lotus clashing with Flaming Lips. FFS.

that was evident from day one really.

Was hoping they'd have the good sense to have Bellx1 clash with Flips. Everyone in Ireland has or will have the opportunity to see them a dozen more times in the next few years. Do the decent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

A good sense would be no clashing any bands

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wow Public Enemy are on very early.

Could mean them trying to get people in early?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ersemi wrote: »

Eh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

made a spotify playlist for the Sat. Unfortunately spotify doesn't have Flylos most recent album on it so that one won't be too accurate

Possible setlists for the Saturday if you fancy a listen

And So I Watch You From Afar

Bell X1

Flaming Lips

Flying Lotus

**** Buttons

Gavin James

Girls Names

Kid Karate

Let's Set Sail

Lisa O'Neill

New Secret Weapon

Nils Frahm

Squarehead

The Eskies

Thundercat

To Kill a King

Vann Music

Young knives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

So the festival should start at the crack of dawn on Saturday and run straight through to midnight on Sunday with only one act playing at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

****e, Little Dragon and Public Enemy are clashing. LD will probably do their own gig here soon though so might give em a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

person who does some of the Hidden Agenda flyers/posters has this as one of the latest ones:

ha_15__project.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Welp, I know where I'm going after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

Only going on the Sunday. Kind of wish I'd bought a ticket for Saturday now that I'm seeing the final line up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Could mean them trying to get people in early?

Or in my case, the difference between going and not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ersemi

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Eh...

Sorry for my poor English, what I meant is that a good festival shouldn't have any bands playing at the same time. I've been to a festival with two stages, when one band was playing the other band was getting their stage ready to playing after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sorry for my poor English, what I meant is that a good festival shouldn't have any bands playing at the same time. I've been to a festival with two stages, when one band was playing the other band was getting their stage ready to playing after.
    and what about 3 stages? does the main stage have a 4 hour gap between acts so that people watch stages 2 and 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dscide

I've never been to this festival before, whats the crowd like? What would be the average age, are there many trouble makers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

dscide wrote: »
    I've never been to this festival before, whats the crowd like? What would be the average age, are there many trouble makers?

I've been to it last year and the crowd were great. Definitely no trouble from what I saw. I really couldn't pick an age profile, anything from 21 to 41 perhaps :)

I'm going to the Saturday 'day' this time, really looking forward to it (without really knowing a lot about the likes of Nils Frahm and Flying Lotus (but from watching their stuff on youtube I will definitely not miss those 2 in particular).

Lets hope the weather behaves, because on the Saturday last year it was horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Really looking forward to this now. Wasn't pushed on the initial announcements but they've pulled it out of the bag with the latest additions. Please God, let it be sunny this year...

I've been to it last year and the crowd were great. Definitely no trouble from what I saw. I really couldn't pick an age profile, anything from 21 to 41 perhaps :)

I'm going to the Saturday 'day' this time, really looking forward to it (without really knowing a lot about the likes of Nils Frahm and Flying Lotus (but from watching their stuff on youtube I will definitely not miss those 2 in particular).

Lets hope the weather behaves, because on the Saturday last year it was horrendous.

Ah, nice. I've been watching a few videos of Forbidden Fruit 2013 and it looks pretty good. Will probably go on the Sunday myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

was good last year. not over crowded, grass was left grow to 3/4 of a foot long to make sure there was no muck (although it was trampled down quickly, but still helps with that). was great weather though so no issues with that anyway when it was all sun. loadsa spliffs flyin around, really chillaxed crowd, no trouble anywhere. seemed really well organised. tickets did take 20mins to pick up but thats ticketmaster and the fact everyone arrived fairly late on (just going to see headline bands). drink stopped being served fairly early if i remember right. that was a bit of a bummer. but it ends fairly early too and everyone walks into town.

the highlight last year was looking out the back of main stage where there were around 10 security guards around 20m apart from each other and every 10-15mins someone made a run from the ditch trying to get in for free. think i saw one person make it when one person got taken down by 2-3 guys and he made a dash in that commotion.

to get there, I parked on road around a 10-20min walk away too was no hassle. picked the car up the monday morning then. there is loads of taxis and drop off right at main gate available too for taxis only which looked dead handy.

im going to make a late call on going to this depending on forecast around wednesday/thursday. saturday lineup looks deacent
    hoping to see you all there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kenyard wrote: »
    was good last year. not over crowded, grass was left grow to 3/4 of a foot long to make sure there was no muck (although it was trampled down quickly, but still helps with that). was great weather though so no issues with that anyway when it was all sun.

I was going to question your claim about the weather until I realised I was actually last there in 2012 and the weather was awful on the Saturday (not much better the Sunday I believe).
    Jaysus, time flies!

One thing I also liked was the free buses laid on to bring people into town...well I presume they were free :)

Me and my friends were meant to go to this on Sunday but friends pulled out, considering going by myself. Hopefully I won't be the only stray one there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Me and my friends were meant to go to this on Sunday but friends pulled out, considering going by myself. Hopefully I won't be the only stray one there

I'll be going by myself too.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'll be going by myself too.

Cool, at least I won't be the only one, which day(s) are you going, where are you from?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AlwaysAnyTime

Cool, at least I won't be the only one, which day(s) are you going, where are you from?

Aww package_favorite.png

On a serious note, will it be easy enough to get a taxi outside the event on the sunday night ?

Aww

Haha, I'm secretly hoping that suas11 is a hot girl aged 18-21

Haha, I'm secretly hoping that suas11 is a hot girl aged 18-21

Me too bro!

• Advertisement

On a serious note, will it be easy enough to get a taxi outside the event on the sunday night ?

Yeah it's not too bad usually. Just don't get caught in the tail end of the crowd all leaving at once.

Advertisement