Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forbidden Fruit 2014 31st May - 1st June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Suas11 wrote: »
    I'm supposed to be getting a lift to this and getting collected afterwards. I know on the website it says that there is no parking at the venue but is it possible to reach it by car? It might be a stupid question but I've never been there before so I'm not sure.

It's a very short walk to Heuston Station or Kilmainham. Would be very easy to get collected from either of those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Mr November

Same question probably asked every year but haven't seen/couldn't find it in this thread...

Can you exit and re-enter FF on a day ticket and/or a weekend ticket?

From what I can find:
    1. Their FAQ say's "No". "Tickets must be presented on entry"... in which case, are they scanned and so won't work twice (obviously)?

Read the first year they had wrist bands for weekend tickets. But this hasn't happened since? True?

Oh, and what was the bar like last year? Was it a total disaster (again)??

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Does anyone know if the west gate will be open or can you only get in by the east gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

gaius c wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the west gate will be open or can you only get in by the east gate?

West gate was closed last year anyways.

Thought as much. Thanks anyway.
    Looking forward to it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 dscide

Were people able to buy tickets at the entrance today?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Anyone else here find the other stages to be stupidly loud? Can hear them from the main stage

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

How much are tickets on the gate for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

FlyLo. God. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The Flaming Lips were great. A nice surprise appearance by Kevin Shields too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Anyone know what time everything wraps up at tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

How's the ground out there? Runners OK yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

How's the ground out there? Runners OK yeah?

Yep, twill be grand.

Flaming lips put on a show yesterday! Whole day was amazing. Noise pollution was an issue though, nils frahm in particular was affected by band in lighthouse stage.

Bands finished at 10:50 and box office closed at 9 I think, was giving a ticket to someone at the gates and some poor lad couldn't get couldn't a ticket cause box office was closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BrushyMan

ROUND 2! Ding ding ding!

This is where we separate the chalk from the cheese, lads.

Starting to get a bit mucky in here in spots so bring the right gear for your feet.

BRING IT ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Will there be tickets at the box office today does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Was there yesterday, fairly tame stuff all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Was there yesterday, fairly tame stuff all round.

What do you mean by tame?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Suas11 wrote: »
    What do you mean by tame?

None of the performances I saw were memorable, most of the tunes were meh and the crowd were lacklustre.

None of the performances I saw were memorable, most of the tunes were meh and the crowd were lacklustre.

Who dya see? I definetely think Saturday was the best, lineup and atmosphere-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

good weekend, weather really helped. not a patch on the first few years but still an enjoyable 2 days.

highlights: Flying Lotus' 3D show was absolutely amazing, easily the best gig visually I've seen. **** buttons were great. Warpaint were good although would have been better indoors.

lowlights: Undergrowth and Lighthouse stages way too close together, the sound-spill from the Lighthouse stage all weekend was ridiculous. Bouncers thorough search on Sunday meaning spirits confiscated from my crotch.

• Advertisement

Bouncers thorough search on Sunday meaning spirits confiscated from my crotch.

What was with the increased security on Sunday anyway? There was definetely a much more noticeable Garda presence both in and outside of the grounds. Quite a few patrolling around the shops trying to catch people drinking publicly, had to go Metal Gear Solid myself with a shnaky naggin!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I was only there on Saturday but really enjoyed it. Weather was excellent. Flying Lotus 3D show was cool.
    Overall an enjoyable day with a nice chilled out crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yesterday was my first time at Forbidden Fruit but I really enjoyed it, I was impressed by the set up and layout of the place, cool the way the mainstage is on a bit of a hill but can only imagine that could get messy if the weather was bad! Thought Klangkarussel and 2manydjs were very good, but was disappointed by TEED, thought his set was quite poor. Got naggins taken off us when we were drinking them outside at about 3 o'clock, €5.50 pints inside made it a very expensive day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Flaming Lips were great, 2 Many DJs, Public Enemy, Captain Murphy all very good (moreso than Thundercat solo, which was quite average). Enjoyed Nils Frahm and ASIWYFA. **** Buttons were average, and Warpaint were on the wrong stage at the wrong time. No atmosphere for their set. Shame I had to miss FlyLo, but got to see everyone else I was interested in. Great weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Anyone know what was the story with the sound at Warpaint?
    They were unhappy with it throughout, and eventually they just all took out their ear plugs. Not sure if they couldn't hear themselves or what.
    I agree they would have been better in a tent too.
    Dissapointing as they were the main reason I went.

Saruwatari wrote: »
    What was with the increased security on Sunday anyway? There was definetely a much more noticeable Garda presence both in and outside of the grounds. Quite a few patrolling around the shops trying to catch people drinking publicly, had to go Metal Gear Solid myself with a shnaky naggin!

More dance music = more drugs.
    Apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Just headed on the Saturday. Good chilled day with a bit of sun thrown in. Music wise most of the acts I wanted to see were in the undergrowth stage. like others have mentioned on here the noise bleeding into the undergrowth stage from the lighthouse stage was very frustrating. it really killed nils Frahm for me. You really couldn't hear much of his quieter songs due to the outside noise. You could tell he wasn't too happy either, having to leave out lots of his quiet songs in his set. I left half way through his set as I just couldn't get into it with the outside noise from the lighthouse stage.

For other acts like F*** buttons it was grand as their songs are pretty full on so you couldn't hear much noise coming in from outside.

Hopefully this will be sorted out for next year.

I drifted between FLying Lotus and Flaming Lips for the last set out the night. Had a serious case of fomo! Kinda wish I had just picked one of them and stuck with it! Floating between the two didn't really work as I ended up bumping into people I knew en route and missed a lot of both gigs. Both however seemed to put on a great show.

Lesson learned for next festival (Glastonbury). Pick a set and stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thunderdog wrote: »
    Lesson learned for next festival (Glastonbury). Pick a set and stick with it!

definitely for Glastonbury, once you start walking in between stages small countries could be formed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hesho

Any reports back from the Flying Lotus afterparty? Would've loved to go but too many heads to round up at that point.

Pretty decent video of 20 mins of FlyLo here.

Great weekend overall. The weather was certainly a huge bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Flylo DJ set was better than the gig itself, for me. He opened with Idioteque which pretty much sold it. Button Factory sound quality was markedly better than the tent too.

Advertisement