Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage affect night saver meter?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭

I'm unsure if this is the correct place for this query so please if it isn't .

As my question above states, how does a night saver mete calibrate itself in terms of operating correctly between the allocated night saver hours or do they need to be recalibrated at varying intervals to ensure they're accurate?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There are several different ways that this is managed.

On older meters, with a separate time clock, the time clock is backed up by either a mechanical store spring, or a battery, depending on the age of the clock, which keeps the clock running in the event of a power outage, and (from experience with a fuse blown on a 3 phase system) the time is maintained for around a week, sometimes longer.

If it's a digital meter with digital timing, then there's a small battery in the meter that maintains the clock.

It's checked by the meter reader, he will eyeball the clock to make sure that it's close to the required setting, and if it's not, it gets reported back, and a visit will be scheduled to check it out.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Thanks irish Steve!

Advertisement