Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi chopping boards

Options
  • 07-03-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just got some chopping boards from aldi. Great big durable non stick chopping boards. Have spent the last 15 minutes scrubbing them to get the glue from the label off. It's still there. I've given up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

Put some mayo on it, and leave it a few minutes, then try again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Yes, you need something oily to break down that sticky goo

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Try using hot water and scraping it off. Hot water weakens glues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Peanut butter works very well too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Whistlejacket

Sunflower oil, rub it in well, leave it to soak then scrape if off with the edge of a knife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Mayo works a treat.
    Got new windows in a few years ago. Of course they left several stickers on every window.
    The windows guy told us to buy a jar of mayo, smear it over all stickers and leave for hour.
    Wiped off perfectly.

I use oil now on all stickers - I don't even attempt to take the sticker off at all without oil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Nice tip never knew that one

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Yes new one to me about oil/mayo. Otherwise I would have suggested mentholated or surgical spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Excellent tip. Five years later there are still some remnants of sticky stuff on my windows left from these fly-catchers things the previous tenant used. Will have to give this a go - would feel like a brand new start to actually have the windows properly clean!

Advertisement