Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wifi connection

Options
  • 07-03-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hope someone can help me out
    I lost wifi connection on my pc for some strange reason. I thought it was the pci adapter (tp link ) but i know its not that. It is finding the wifi signal but it just wont connect for some reason..
    Any ideas ps i no expert when it comes to computers but i know its something simple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sneakysimon

Can other laptops connect to it if not try the reset button at the back of the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭churchtown2012

Can other laptops connect to it if not try the reset button at the back of the router.

Yes other laptop/phone connect no problem. I brought to a pc repair shop yesterday to be tested. The man is the shop plug it in and started it up. I explained what was happening and he tested it on his wifi network and it worked 100%. I had brought my wifi (3mobilewifi) with me and ask him to try to connect to it and again it worked 100%. I took it home and connected it up and worked perfect. The man in the shop done nothing to it and found no issues with it. I turned the pc on this morning and the same problem has happened again its finding the wifi but it wont connect to it...its comes up as "attempting to authenticate'' but just wont connect

by any chance is there other houses close to u it could be on the same channel as everyone else's might cause the problem.

one other thing it could be is them 3mobilewifi can only connect 5 things to the so if you try connect a 6th it wont allow u

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Change the channel on the router wifi,
    eg channel 4 to channel 10.

knock off security ,wpa ,for 10 minutes ,
    see does it work.

• Advertisement

one other thing it could be is them 3mobilewifi can only connect 5 things to the so if you try connect a 6th it wont allow u

I have tryed it own its own and no joy

by any chance is there other houses close to u it could be on the same channel as everyone else's might cause the problem.

No other houses around..rural area

riclad wrote: »
    Change the channel on the router wifi,
    eg channel 4 to channel 10.

knock off security ,wpa ,for 10 minutes ,
    see does it work.

I have removed the api adapter and then re-installed it and no joy...it finds the wifi connection but just wont connect

Advertisement