Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email from bank of ireland re banking 365

Options
  • 07-03-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Just received an email from [email=bankofireland@3]bankofireland@3[/email]65online.com stating I have "1 new securiy message and I shuld logon to resole the problem".  There was a link included in the email.  I assume this is a fake email.  Can you confirm please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

crumlinbob wrote: »
    Just received an email from [email=bankofireland@3]bankofireland@3[/email]65online.com stating I have "1 new securiy message and I shuld logon to resole the problem".  There was a link included in the email.  I assume this is a fake email.  Can you confirm please.
    You shouldn't need BoI to tell you that is fake.

Not being an @ss, just wouldn't like to think you would need confirmation before discarding such an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

crumlinbob wrote: »
    Hi crumlinbob, 

Many thanks for posting. 

The email you recived was not sent by Bank of Ireland.
    Bank of Ireland will never send an email asking customers to log on to their accounts via an email link. If you still have the email, please forward it to 365security@boi.com for investigation. 

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know. 

Billy

Advertisement