Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Attach Harness

• 07-03-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Hi I am looking for a front attach harness for Lexi. Any recommendations?

Will spend up to €30 for good quality one.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Freedom harness or perfect fit get my vote. Not a fan of the sensi-ble/sens-ation or the easy walk - they just don't sit right on my two and are a bit restrictive on my two- especially when wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

tk123 wrote: »
    Freedom harness or perfect fit get my vote. Not a fan of the sensi-ble/sens-ation or the easy walk - they just don't sit right on my two and are a bit restrictive on my two- especially when wet.

I used the exact same set up, i use a normal halti body harness and a halti training lead, it hooks at the front (click onto his normal collar and the body harness) and on top of his back... stops him pulling when running with him.

http://www.petshoponline.ie/halti-training-lead

http://www.petshoponline.ie/halti-harness-stops-dog-pulling-on-lead

both for less €30

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Not a front attaching harness but I love the K-9 harnesses in maxi zoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For Lexi as she has such a thin layer of fur, the perfect fit harness would be lovely and soft on her skin, as it has a full layer of fleecy padding.

http://dog-games-shop.co.uk/perfect-fit-fleece-dog-harness

I also quite like the Mekuti double ended harness, I prefer the harness set up where it goes around the girth and the neck just for extra security of a dog not being about to back out of the harness. It says it should be used with a double ended lead for the full benefit, I've never had any problems attaching just to the front d-ring and attaching the other end of the lead to my walking belt, but it depends on the dog. And it comes in nice colours:o

https://mekuti.co.uk/harness_only.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of going with the perfect fit. You're right BLM she's very slim and feck all hair. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just bought a Snugglepets one. Bit better quality than the Dog Games because the fleece doesn't pill so much. It came in under €30 and has a front connection clip plus the traditional clip over the shoulders. :)

www.snugglepets.co.uk

boomerang wrote: »
    Just bought a Snugglepets one. Bit better quality than the Dog Games because the fleece doesn't pill so much. It came in under €30 and has a front connection clip plus the traditional clip over the shoulders. :)

www.snugglepets.co.uk

Oh the jigsaw one or the normal fleece one?? Lucy has a couple of months max before she grows out of her perfect fit/needs new front and girth pieces. I have the 40mm for Bailey and it feels SO heavy compared to his water repelling xtradog one! I had to add fleece around the front buckle to stop the front ring banging off it - it was driving me mad lol! Actually that's another brand to look at xtradog - I heard the fleece ones stretch out though? The water one is great - a bit pricey but worth it for us since they both swim so much!

Another brand to look at - CozyDogs http://www.dog-harnesses.co.uk/acatalog/Fleece_Dog_Harnesses.html tried one of these on Lucy yesterday and it was really well made but she's still growing so decided to wait until the perfect is too small.

I got the perfect fit delivered last Friday, they were lovely to deal with. Wasn't sure on the size so they sent me two extra pieces in different sizes so I could get the perfect fit! :P

It's so soft!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I love the Perfect Fit harness! Whilst other fleece harnesses are nice, if your dog is an odd shape around the neck, shoulders or chest, the limited adjustments you can make with them can mean they don't quite fit snugly.
    But as the bits making up the Perfect Fit can be mixed and matched, you really can get a perfect fit!
    Very nice of them to send out the extra bits for you! I find their customer service to be above and beyond, highly recommend them :-)

• Advertisement

toadfly wrote: »
    I got the perfect fit delivered last Friday, they were lovely to deal with. Wasn't sure on the size so they sent me two extra pieces in different sizes so I could get the perfect fit! :P

It's so soft!

What colour did you get? Lucy has a while left in hers before I'll have to add pieces/ upgrade to a 40mm

Completely agree DBB and so glad I spent a bit extra to get her a nice one. I got the red one, can send you a pic tomorrow if you like!

toadfly wrote: »
    Completely agree DBB and so glad I spent a bit extra to get her a nice one. I got the red one, can send you a pic tomorrow if you like!

We have the pink one for Lucy and and blue and hi-vis orange (they were selling them off when i went to get a new girth strap for Lucy) for Bailey :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I think this is the one we have. We got it years and years ago when front attach harnesses were a bit of an alien concept. We got it in a fab shop called mollys in dun laoghaire (I think it's gone now). Ours were by a company called wiggles wags and whispers (but now rebranded) they were €50 but worth every penny. They are kind of soft and suede under the arms. We always get so many compliments on them. I have one in pink and one in aqua blue. We also had halti body and sensible harness but they didnt suit their body shape and used to cut into them. (We even brought them into the shop where we bought them to get fitting but no joy!)
    http://www.positivedogtrainingdublin.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=161#.Uy4UoE4gGc0
    I am so glad you can buy it now in shops :) I remember one of the shop owners (from above) saw it on my girls, loved it and took the name of it but think they had probs getting it in (when they first opened)

Just to update on me finding the harness too heavy... I decided to try the new 40mm small front - and the harness IS a perfect fit now :p

Advertisement