Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Zyxel and Belkin together (!)...

Options
  • 07-03-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I've an eircom broadband package.

I've got a Zyxel p660hw-t1 modem/router. It's not great for wireless...

Recently a friend gave me a Belkin Play N600 Db Wireless Networkplus Router Black F9K1102UK.
    Link to same:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Wireless-Networkplus-Router-F9K1102UK/dp/B004N625AA/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1394203685&sr=8-10&keywords=belkin+n600

The Belkin has 4 Lan ports and a 'modem' ethernet port.

What I'd like to do is have the Zyxel serve the Belkin the internet feed, and the Belkin take over both the wireless comms and ethernet connectivity.

I've connected the Zyxel to the Belkin by ethernet, the ethernet cable plugged into the "Modem" ethernet port on the Belkin.

I've turned DHCP off on the Belkin, but I haven't been to get the Belkin to show up as a client on the Zyxel server.

Sorry if this is too long... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I assume when you say modem port you mean the WAN port. Turn DHCP and wireless off on the Zyxel and on on the Belkin. Connect all your devices wired and wireless to the Belkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭brianorb

Thanks for your reply.

I got it working this morning.

I changed the Zyxel to bridge mode (from ppoe).
    Turned DHCP off on Zyxel.
    Turned DHCP on, on the Belkin.
    Turned PPOE on on the Belkin, entering username/password for broadband.
    Restarted everything and it worked.

Thanks again.

Advertisement