Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad to tv screen - What do I need?

• 07-03-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I've tried goggling this but I seem to be getting a million different answers. Basically what do I need to have my iPad displayed on the screen?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A HDMI/AV converter cable. I've read several blogs where people state you must buy the apple approved cable and not spurious cables from eBay as they'll fcuk up your device, dunno how true that is though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Depends on what you want to watch. Spy Sports/Sky Go aren't possible, no matter what you do, AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

An Apple TV would also do the job. They're not too expensive (by Apple standards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter and a hdmi lead.

It won't display full screen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

CJC999 wrote: »
    A HDMI/AV converter cable. I've read several blogs where people state you must buy the apple approved cable and not spurious cables from eBay as they'll fcuk up your device, dunno how true that is though.

Not true at all. I bought a cheap one on eBay over a year ago and I've had no issues. Sounds like a bit of an old wive's tall, or a friend of a friend told me, story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Stupid question but will sound come from TV or iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Disaster how it doesn't go full screen, even if watching content in 16:9 resolution.

Anyone know if this is the same for the lightning-HDMI adapter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Apple TV is way to go end of.

I have lots cables gathering dust cause they are all limited and crap.

Apple TV is the bomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Yeah Apple TV is the way to go. It just works. Widescreen content is shown in full 16x9 and in HD. Great for rte player, YouTube, Plex etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Armonline wrote: »
    Yeah Apple TV is the way to go. It just works. Widescreen content is shown in full 16x9 and in HD. Great for rte player, YouTube, Plex etc.

And Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

naasrd wrote: »
    Not true at all. I bought a cheap one on eBay over a year ago and I've had no issues. Sounds like a bit of an old wive's tall, or a friend of a friend told me, story.

iOS7 has a feature now that checks that the cable is from an authorised reseller. If it isn't you get a warning.

It was because of all those phones going on fire thanks to dodgy adapters.

Personally I'd go with Apple TV as there is no wires involved.

Advertisement