Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired broadband in semi-rural Clare?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I'm currently living maybe two miles (as the crow flies) from the towns of Clarecastle, Newmarket and Quin, all of which have wired broadband. Despite the capital (Ennis, maybe 5/6 miles away) being named as an Information Age Town 17 years ago I still can't get any form of wired broadband at home. Just wondering if there's anything ye can do, or any plans for broadband to be rolled out in the area?

Cheers,

Kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm currently living maybe two miles (as the crow flies) from the towns of Clarecastle, Newmarket and Quin, all of which have wired broadband. Despite the capital (Ennis, maybe 5/6 miles away) being named as an Information Age Town 17 years ago I still can't get any form of wired broadband at home. Just wondering if there's anything ye can do, or any plans for broadband to be rolled out in the area?

Cheers,

Kev
    Hi Kev.OC

Can you confirm your address or which exchange your line is connected to and I'll check for plans?

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hi Al,

Sorry about the delay. I'll send you on a PM with my address. Unfortunately I'm not sure which exchange my line is connected to. What's the handiest way to find out?

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Al,

Sorry about the delay. I'll send you on a PM with my address. Unfortunately I'm not sure which exchange my line is connected to. What's the handiest way to find out?

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Kev,

I've checked all lines in Manusmore and I'm sorry to say that the distance of the lines from the Ennis E10 exchange is too far to deliver broadband. The exchange is indeed enabled but the distance is too great. At present there is no plans that would result in the availability of broadband speeds to Manusmore I'm afraid.

I can imagine this news is very disappointing and I do apologise for this Kev.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Hi Al,

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Kev,

I've checked all lines in Manusmore and I'm sorry to say that the distance of the lines from the Ennis E10 exchange is too far to deliver broadband. The exchange is indeed enabled but the distance is too great. At present there is no plans that would result in the availability of broadband speeds to Manusmore I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Al
    Well, it's not exactly the news I was hoping for, but it's the news I was expecting.

Still, it's disappointing to be so close to so many broadband enabled towns/villages and not get any wired service.

Thanks for looking into it Al, all the best.

Hi Al,

Cheers,

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks
    Al
    Well, it's not exactly the news I was hoping for, but it's the news I was expecting.

Still, it's disappointing to be so close to so many broadband enabled towns/villages and not get any wired service.

Thanks for looking into it Al, all the best.

Hi Kev.OC

I can understand the disappointing this can create and I really wish I could have better news. Sorry Kev.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement