Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beavers Uniform age 7-8!

Options
  • 07-03-2014 4:19pm
    Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

We had a scout shop last night (in preparation for the parade) but they had no Beavers jumpers (blue) Age 7-8. I had been holding off getting them, because the leaders told us they would be having the shop before St. Patrick's Day, to get everything needed!

I contacted the online scout shop hoping to be able to order online and maybe have it delivered, but it turns out they are out of stock and won't be getting them back in until next Friday, so not a chance of having the uniform for the parade.

Does anyone know of anywhere that I can get 2 jumpers age 7-8 before St Patrick's Day?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Which troupe are you with?

• Administrators Posts: 14,038 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

It's a group in Waterford. The jumpers are blue...

This is a link to the jumper. (Sorry, the fact that it is the only Beaver jumper on the site, I thought every Beaver troop in the country must wear the same :o )

Ours is the same, but the crest is different - we're with Wicklow first - also we have Wicklow badges sewn on it. Otherwise I'd lend it to you! Could you borrow from children who have moved up to cubs?

I did say I'd buy 2nd hand, but nothing seemed to be on offer!!

I have been informed that the jumpers are the same, just the badges are different - if you ring the scout shop in bray they could have them in stock? If they have them and you can't get up here contact me and I'll post em to you :)

• Advertisement

I would not expect you to go to any trouble, but genuinely appreciate your offer. I just texted the leader to tell her they had none and to remind her that I was still on the lookout. She said a few have moved up to cubs this month. They are all going on a trip this weekend, so she's going to ask around for me.

I might still be in touch with you, though ;)

Thanks again.

Ah, no trouble if needed - wouldn't like to see your kids not be able to be in the parade.

Hope it all works out.

I'll work something out for them! Although, I'm due a baby on St. Patrick's Day, so they might miss the parade for a completely different reason!

Funnily enough it's my birthday too!

Hope your arrival is timely - and speedy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Glad you got it sorted, some groups in waterford buy back second hand uniforms for future reference, I think St. Pauls and Faithlegg do anyway.

It wouldn't hurt to ask the leader to ring around, different branches on the same tree and all that

• Advertisement

Sorted for tomorrow anyway. 1 second hand jumper and one loan of a jumper! All excited for the big day, and expecting to see themselves on the news!

Advertisement