Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disapproval of Paypal?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I just tried to link my Paypal account to my bank card but I saw this alert: 

"[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is this a BoI policy or is it to do with my card being new or what?[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If anything I would image it's because Paypal tried to charge or hold a very small value to the card, which can be picked up as potentially fraudulent. How long ago did this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Crusheen101,

Thanks for your post and welcome to boards.

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulties making a payment with your card. Just to clarify, you mention the card is new, has it been activated at an ATM? This is required before trying to use the card at point of sale or online. If the card has been activated, please contact BOI365 on 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement