Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Possible to get a mortgage to buy a flat abroad?

Options
  • 07-03-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am orginally from Poland but I have been living and working in Ireland for 8 years.

My mum owns a flat there, in an area which has become very expensive. We would like to sell it and buy a flat in a cheaper area. The trouble is that to do that, you need to buy a flat first, and then you can move out and sell your old flat.

I would like to get a mortgage of €45000 while we expect to get 55-65000 from the sale of the flat. Would it be possible for me to get a mortgage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Atena30,

Thanks for your post and welcome to boards.

We are very much open for Mortgage Business and all applications are dealt with on a case by case basis with a range of factors taken into account. Unfortunately, we would be unable to advise you here if you are eligible for a mortgage. We would suggest contacting our Mortgage Team who will be more than happy to go through any questions you may have. To request a call from a Mortgage Advisor, please see here.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,
    Tara

Advertisement