Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military police in town

Options
  • 07-03-2014 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Any1 know what's goin on. Was in town earlier. There were Gardai and Military Police outside City Hall

Clashmore

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

passed myself earlier and was wondering the same thing..i think it was to do with all the people being made irish citizens today in city hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its coup.

Welcome to the Republik of Vedrarfjordr.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

We want new jobs not new citizens of Waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

fiachr_a wrote: »

Loaded statement there Boi....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fiachr_a wrote: »

heres 600 new jobs for you http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/over-600-jobs-to-be-created-at-wit-netlabs-operation-30069030.html ,what else do you want ill see what i can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Little piece on Six-One News about it today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Citizenship Award Ceremony Waterford 07 March 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

The Russians are coming, The Russians are coming!!!!!!!!!!
    Clashmore wrote: »
    Any1 know what's goin on. Was in town earlier. There were Gardai and Military Police outside City Hall

Clashmore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is what annoys me. That testicle has more important things to be doing rather than attending a citizenship ceremony. And how much is that after costing the state between the Gardai, Army, drivers and whatever else is associated with it.

I wish the ministers would do their proper jobs rather than this PR bullcrap. Suppose that's too much to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

[QUOTE= how much is that after costing

[/QUOTE]

a classic Waterfordism. Up there with "he turned around and........."

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

This is what annoys me. That testicle has more important things to be doing rather than attending a citizenship ceremony. And how much is that after costing the state between the Gardai, Army, drivers and whatever else is associated with it.

I wish the ministers would do their proper jobs rather than this PR bullcrap. Suppose that's too much to ask.

the guy who organise the 1848 celebration weekend organised the minister and the ceremony - the work for the love of our city - they dont get paid - we need to embrace this culture rather than bickering about it -

I've no problem with the celebrations, but i don't think having Twatter down was necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I've no problem with the celebrations, but i don't think having Twatter down was necessary.

Maybe you should put up a list of what you will allow so we can all refer to it in future....

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Maybe you should put up a list of what you will allow so we can all refer to it in future....

Do the job they were voted in for instead of PR bullcrap. That's the bones of it anyway.

I just have an issue with him, i've never seen a man more disinterested in a major part of what he's over (AGS). He has no time for them, and looks down upon them. And all of a sudden, coming up to voting time he's trying to be the big man and bring back recruitment.

Actually, i'd love if people with qualifications in the area they would be minister for would get the job. Suppose that's asking too much though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Do the job they were voted in for instead of PR bullcrap. That's the bones of it anyway.

I just have an issue with him, i've never seen a man more disinterested in a major part of what he's over (AGS). He has no time for them, and looks down upon them. And all of a sudden, coming up to voting time he's trying to be the big man and bring back recruitment.

Actually, i'd love if people with qualifications in the area they would be minister for would get the job. Suppose that's asking too much though.

A minister for justice who was qualified in legal matters then. O wait Shatter is a Solicitor. God ye speak some ****e in Waterford, I want a lawyer for minister for justice, but he is a lawyer.

Your comment about his relationship with AGS considering recent events is just bull****.

infosys wrote: »
    A minister for justice who was qualified in legal matters then. O wait Shatter is a Solicitor. God ye speak some ****e in Waterford, I want a lawyer for minister for justice, but he is a lawyer.

Wouldn't matter where i was, i would still have said the same. Don't be tarring a whole city on the opinion of one person, it speaks reams about the kind of person you are. As for him being a solicitor, what was his area of expertise? I can only find reference that he had a legal background, but what area i could not find, so unless he was involved directly with Criminal or Equality law i couldn't care how qualified he is a solicitor (what good would someone with many years experience in Civil law be, if he is now over Criminal and Equality law?). As i'm sure you can appreciate that there are many areas of the law where a solicitor could practice...
    infosys wrote: »
    Your comment about his relationship with AGS considering recent events is just bull****.

You know him personally then? You've seen how he acts around members of AGS in person? And i'm not talking about the higher-up ranks, i'm talking about the frontline members who protect his house, and drive him around. I have first hand experience of how he looks down upon them as dirt under his shoe, and his disinterest in their opinions and every day workings. Just because he's keeping friends with the Commissioner and the Commissioners lackeys does not mean he's a friend of them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Wouldn't matter where i was, i would still have said the same. Don't be tarring a whole city on the opinion of one person, it speaks reams about the kind of person you are. As for him being a solicitor, what was his area of expertise? I can only find reference that he had a legal background, but what area i could not find, so unless he was involved directly with Criminal or Equality law i couldn't care how qualified he is a solicitor (what good would someone with many years experience in Civil law be, if he is now over Criminal and Equality law?). As i'm sure you can appreciate that there are many areas of the law where a solicitor could practice...

You know him personally then? You've seen how he acts around members of AGS in person? And i'm not talking about the higher-up ranks, i'm talking about the frontline members who protect his house, and drive him around. I have first hand experience of how he looks down upon them as dirt under his shoe, and his disinterest in their opinions and every day workings. Just because he's keeping friends with the Commissioner and the Commissioners lackeys does not mean he's a friend of them all.

Shatter was the principle of one of the largest family law practices in the country. He is the author of the main text in that area. He as a opposition TD drafted one of the central acts in the area of family law and managed to get it passed as a private members bill.

In relation to him being arrogant, so what. At ministerial level he has supported AGS. I do not know the man personally and I do not like his views in certain areas. But it cannot be denied that he knows his brief. The department of justice is more than just criminal law it also deal with immigration which shatter is well respected in and family where he is an expert, aswell as the fact he is a good draftsman.

But most lawyers might think personally he is this or that, but many will accept he is a good lawyer who is well versed in the area.

Howya Alan.

@infosys: thank you. You clarified exactly what i wanted. I did not know (nor could i easily find) the areas he was in. So i will retract my comment about looking for someone qualified in his area. He seems to be, for the most part, qualified.

I am still standing by my other points though, and i have met him in person, and you could nearly smell the arrogance and discontent he has for members of AGS. He may be defending his buddies in relation to the current "scandal", but he cares less for the "proper" members of AGS, ie: those not in his circle, imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement