Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a job, but desperately need help for relocating to Cork

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fia79

Th3B1tcH wrote: »
    First of all wish you all best in new job :)

any big company will know how hard it is relocate so may have a policy in place to help
    I dont see any problem asking about if they have one even if just to find place to live ( if big maybe even places offered on a noticeboard in canteen)
    Moving is 1 of the biggest things in your life so they should see why asking everyone likes check an area before move to it :)

I do agree not ask for a loan/sub may look a bit cheeky before you even start.

Maybe your son can finish his school year (stay with your mother) would help with expensive no new school stuff till September, gives u more time find a school and he wont be home alone with no friends in new place. Can put him in few clubs in summer to make friends and then will have afew starting in September ;)

sure it would be best to let him finish the school year. the thing is just, it would be about 3 months I hardly could see my son.
    the next 2-3 months will be tough for me. saving for the deposit of a new place to rent, or paying money back would not allow me to travel every weekend up to Donegal. I also couldn't expect my mother to look after him for that long.
    maybe it would be the best for him though. I will have to think about it.

More news :)

The company offered me to book a hotel for me for 10 days. They were thinking that it must be difficult for me to get things sorted from donegal :) thats a great help and i even didnt ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Fia79 wrote: »
    More news :)

The company offered me to book a hotel for me for 10 days. They were thinking that it must be difficult for me to get things sorted from donegal :) thats a great help and i even didnt ask for.

Great news op. That's a start for you anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Great news less pressure now for you..See good things do happen eventually

thank you all for the advices and help.

looks like i have to give up the job but thanx all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Oh Fia, sorry to hear that. Is there any way round it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

OH NO!! Is there any way I can help? Please PM me if you think I can...

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

What happened?

Advertisement