Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do they go?

• 07-03-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, see a lot of Dublin buses making the trek up north via the N2 quite a bit. They're never stripped of their livery and look quite new. Saw a 08 making the trip up today. Where do they go? Are they sold off and sent out of Belfast or what's the reason for the trip?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

The N2 is a long road, where exactly do you see them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

The N2 is a long road, where exactly do you see them?

It is a long road. Slane and they usually turn off at Collon and take the M1 up north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

Long test drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Network Noel on a shopping trip to Newry?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Perhaps Louth Commercials in Ardee? That's where the KDs and Ds were sent to rust in peace...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Network Noel on a shopping trip to Newry?

Network Noel might have hijacked a bus this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

dfx- wrote: »
    Perhaps Louth Commercials in Ardee? That's where the KDs and Ds were sent to rust in peace...
    strange that they weren't broken up straight away, is their some reason for that?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I meet them fairly often. They generally stop at the garage outside Slane. I'll stop next time and ask. I can't believe this bus was being scrapped. A 6byear old bus in good nick overall. Livery all on and guide lights all working. She was in good nick. LED diodes all working on rear cluster and looked like she had been cleaned. Internal lights working too. One would presume that if she was being scrapped all salvageable disposables would be taken out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

MugMugs wrote: »
    I meet them fairly often. They generally stop at the garage outside Slane. I'll stop next time and ask. I can't believe this bus was being scrapped. A 6byear old bus in good nick overall. Livery all on and guide lights all working. She was in good nick. LED diodes all working on rear cluster and looked like she had been cleaned. Internal lights working too. One would presume that if she was being scrapped all salvageable disposables would be taken out.
    Possibly heading to Louth Commercials for open-top conversion as Dublin Bus are making the entire city tours fleet wheelchair accessible.

Ah yes, I didn't mean the current fleet are being sent to be scrapped, but that Louth Commercials is a place that there is obviously some work sent to them by DB. Think there's another place in Naas and they get repainted near Tallaght.

An 08 bus - EV - wouldn't be converted to open top though, it would only be recently withdrawn 2000 and soon to be withdrawn 2005 AVs. But some work there anyways...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

dfx- wrote: »
    Ah yes, I didn't mean the current fleet are being sent to be scrapped, but that Louth Commercials is a place that there is obviously some work sent to them by DB. Think there's another place in Naas and they get repainted near Tallaght.

An 08 bus - EV - wouldn't be converted to open top though, it would only be recently withdrawn 2000 and soon to be withdrawn 2005 AVs. But some work there anyways...

are they wheelchair accessible (which was the point of the theory)?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭currins_02

Ardee Coach Trim (Ardee), Louth Commercials (Santry & Drogheda), Wheatley (Drogheda) and Dealgan Coachcraft (Dundalk) have all undertaken work for Dublin Bus on a regular basis. Be that body work, trim or mechanical so I would guess going to one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Louth Commercials do a lot of warranty work for the manufacturer on the Alexander bodied buses sold to DB.

There have been programme of body modifications including floor mods on the AV/AX classes, and other stuff on the EVs.

Dublin Bus are very . . . robust . . in making sure that all defects and mods are carried out at Alexander's expense.

At one point they refused to accept a complete batch of buses which were being delivered, and they sat in increasing numbers at Louth Commercials with DB refusing to accept them or release the funds . . until Alexander blinked first and make the necessary changes.

C635

corktina wrote: »
    are they wheelchair accessible (which was the point of the theory)?

Yes EVs/VGs already are...presuming the wheelchair arm is in working order.

Advertisement