Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBEC EOP 2014

Options
  • 07-03-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey,

So just wondering if anyone has applied and heard anything back from IBEC EOP yet? Anyone received an interview yet?
    I checked my online profile and a message was in there that interviews would be starting soon!

I've seen some great informative posts from previous years. Maybe we could do the same for this year?

Finally, anyone who has completed the EOP want to share some of their experiences! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Daza

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 daza2014

Got an email asking me to attend for an interview with IBEC next week! Been matched with a few jobs with Apple....Nervous now!!

Any one at all taking part in EOP this year?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eop2014

Hey daza2014!
    I also applied this year but I haven't heard anything yet. Nothing matched on my profile or anything either. Hope the interview went well let us know how it goes :)

Hi eop2014,

Ya, I was happy enough with how it went! What stream did you apply for? They are doing it in batches I think so I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything yet :)

Glad to hear it went well! I applied for the food and tourism streams and I read that recruitment doesn't start until the end of March/start of April for food and June for tourism so I guess I'll be waiting a while. Was it just a general interview? Were there many other people there?

The IBEC office was really busy with other functions/events so reception was full of people, but I am certain majority were not there for EOP!

Interview was quite standard - Depending on the stream you get called for, there will be afew questions on that I imagine. I got asked about my experience with numbers and project work and stuff so I assume you might get asked about marketing and all that.

Strengths, weaknesses...very general and went quite quickly! It was a very pleasant interview and the interviewers will put you at ease - professional and friendly!

• Advertisement

Brilliant glad to hear it went well still no matches or anything I'm just curious if anyone has heard from the food/tourism streams. Did you apply just for technology?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Hey everyone,

I've applied for the tourism stream and haven't heard anything yet, but I remember reading somewhere that we won't hear back until June. Not sure if it's the same for food & drink!

Best of luck everyone!

No word here still.

Nothing since the interview with the IBEC people either. But they mentioned they mightn't contact me until after my exams...heres hoping! :) and remember I was the tech stream so thats the only reason I have been contacted before this. Did you put up a video on your profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Starttalking

Hi guys! I joined the EOP programme this year! Anyone applied for the Tourism Ireland section? Anyone got asked to do a video- interview? I am kinda nervous with it, any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lazerai

Hi yes i got to video interview for Tourism Ireland too! have you done the interview yet?

hi! no i havent, it is dued tomorrow but i am not prepared! There is not much info posted about the job online! Have u done yours?

Nope i havent done mine yet either, due tomorrow aswell. yeah im not really sure what to prepare! cant find any info online either.. though it says the 'questions are specifically related to the EOP Tourism Ireland placement so an element of preparation is required'.. so would you say it will be more about the program/marketing Ireland rather than competency questions about ourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 omahonrm

I have yet to do mine as well. I would love nothing more than to get placement with IBEC EOP and am half afraid that I will mes up my chances with this video! Gonna have to bite the bullet soon though!

I got an e-mail for the video interview too. I must do mine later on!

I keep checking here to see has anyone done it yet so that we know what to expect :D in the same boat as ye, I don't really know what to prepare and it's not like the practice room on the app gives us an indication coz they're all just general questions :/ gonna do a bit more research before I go ahead with it! Best of luck everyone!

Hi Shelly, Have you checked the practice room? So I can check out the practice qestions without doing the actual thing? I havent checked the practice ones, I was afraid that I have to do the real one once I checked the practice ones..... I think they are just general personal questions, according to last year thread.

Yeah I tried a few practice questions and you don't have to do the real one until you press live interview room! They were just asking an example of how you've dealt with difficult customers in the past, what role do you usually take in a team, etc.. It's just I know this interview is supposed to be specific to the Tourism Programme so I don't know what to expect :/ I'm just preparing why I chose this programme over the others, why I think I'd be suitable.. don't really know what else!

I just did mine there, i think it was very difficult because it is my first ever interview, and the questions in the practice room are not the questions in the real one, so preparation wasn't that useful, i think the practice room just to prepare yourself with good lighting, position, and sounding! Anyone have a try on it yet? Finger crossed and good luck! Really want this job!!!!

Im just about to do mine now too. Obviously I don't expect you to share the questions (given we are all in competition for thee placement!) but I was just wondering if you could tell me if they are all specific to the Tourism program like they said and need a lot of preparation or if they are more general questions?

• Advertisement

there are related to tourism ireland! good luck! I cant be sure now but i think they are simiar to the questions we did when we filled in the form! mind sharing your opinions after?

I just did it there but im having a bit of difficult with uploading it :S hopefully it works. I ended up having to do the interview through the app on my phone as it wouldnt work on the computer! Bit of a disaster.

omahonrm how did you find it?

Panic over, it eventually uploaded. Lazerai - I found it ok , but definitely wouldn't say easy. The questions definitely put you on the spot particularly the second one even if you had prepared. How did you find it?

yeah i dont feel mine went well at all. that second question you couldnt have possibly known to prepare. i panicked and repeated myself and then freaked out haha.. ugh i really want this and i feel like i just ruined my chances :(

Anyone know how many people do they take this year? and do they take graduates for every office?

Has anyone else been called for a pre-screening interview?

no nothing so far! :( eop2014, you got invited to a pre-screening interview?

Yes I did, and I was happy with how it went. It was the exact same as everyone else has mentioned - they just want to get a feel for who you are, and what you hope to get out of the programme. The first intake for the food and drink programme starts in the middle of July as well! Has anyone got called to a company interview yet?

• Advertisement

I'm a little confused about these prescreen interviews. I received an email which had said they wud be interviewing between the 3rd-5th July with work beginning August 11th. What are the interviews they are doing now? Are they the tourism program?

Advertisement