Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBEC EOP 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eop2014

The pre-screening interviews are all taking place now. I think the interviews you were talking about next week are company interviews?! I'm not 100% sure myself, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Has anyone been called for a company interview?

Has anybody heard from Tourism Ireland yet? Interviews are supposed to be next week so surely people would be finding out soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bohsgirl

Hi I'm just new to boards but thought I'd share my experience of EOP so far.

I applied for Food and Drink adn had my screening interview. Everyone there spoke the same foreign language so they seemed to do it in batches based on languages as I know the French screening was just a few weeks ago. The interview was fairly standard, they were just looking to get a feel of who you are, as others said. The one question I wasn't sure of was they asked whether I would prefer to work for a big company which would have a lot of training etc or a smaller company where I would have to work off my own initiative more so this might be something for anyone to consider beforehand. The interview went well and I was told that I would hopefully be placed by the end of the summer as I have a language which is a distinct advantage... Unfortunately I was only shortlisted for one job, although I had come up as matched with over 15 on my profile.. I had the interview for this job and it was something I was not interested in so I declined.

I know all the Food and Drink lectures in DIT start around the 21st July (maybe the week before) and last 2 weeks so anyone who is unavailable at all during this time has had to eliminate themselves from this pool. There is another round later in the year/early 2015 depending on languages.

I got an email today inviting me to an interview with Tourism Ireland next week so I'm hopeful for that... I have yet to be sent a job description so am going to try start some research this weekend.

Your interview sounds the exact same as mine! I got an e-mail for the Tourism Ireland interview as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bc2015

Hey everyone!
    Sorry to post on this old thread but I applied to the EOP this year and I was just wondering what people's experiences were of it? did people get jobs? i think they have changed the recruitment process slightly this year...Any contributions would be appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dgdr

I have applied to the IBEC eop programme this year too and was wondering if anyone had heard anything from the office about interviews etc?

Did you apply to the brand ambassador programme? I have a pre-screen interview on Monday!

Yeah applied to that. When did you hear back?!

On Monday! Probably depends on what positions you applied for!

bc2015 wrote: »
    On Monday! Probably depends on what positions you applied for!

OK cool. I put my availability down for the end of May because I've exams until then so mabey that's another reason?! Who knows!

• Advertisement

Best of luck on Monday!

Thank you! Anyone have an interview for brand ambassador hear back yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Has anybody completed the video interview for the Tourism programme yet?

Yeah I did it yesterday! wasn't too bad! how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lorlorlollipop

Hi,
    Does anybody know what the bursary towards accommodation is with the tourism programme?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 deeds372

Hey

Anyone got a call back after video interview? They are interviewing on 29th but they do have to go through 200 applicants I guess so probably wont hear til next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lm22

Was just going to ask the same thing, haven't heard anything at all since video interview. Starting to think it's not looking good but hopefully they're still reviewing applications!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stareatstars

lm22 wrote: »
    Was just going to ask the same thing, haven't heard anything at all since video interview. Starting to think it's not looking good but hopefully they're still reviewing applications!

I know when I went for a pre screening interview last October I got maybe a weeks notice I think so I've been thinking that it could be next week before I might hear if I made it past the video interview for the tourism program this year. Though I did have a few jobs in review or something and that category in the job secton seems be be gone so hopefully that's not bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lauramayy

I haven't heard anything back yet either about the interview on the 29th. But all of my 'jobs in review' section has disappeared from my application form as of today too! Hopefully we will hear if we got an interview or not soon :S

If anyone hears back will they let us know here! #mustnotpinallhopesonthis
    thx :)

• Advertisement

Hi guys

Just letting ye know got email invite for interview July 1st- check your emails as you need to reply by tomorrow to confirm!!

Good luck!

I just got an invite as well for 3rd July :)
    Best of luck!

Hi Guys,
    Got offered a job in the London office with tourism Ireland today. Absolutely delighted. Anyone else hear from them ?

Hi Guys,
    Got offered a job in the London office with tourism Ireland today. Absolutely delighted. Anyone else hear from them ?

No 😩 when was your interview?

deeds372 wrote: »
    No 😩 when was your interview?

Had my interview last Friday. Was shocked when I got the call wasn't expecting it at all !!
    When did you have yours ?

Had my interview last Friday. Was shocked when I got the call wasn't expecting it at all !!
    When did you have yours ?

Last Wednedasy! Oh well have to try again next year !
    I'm tres jealous have an awesome time :)

deeds372 wrote: »
    Last Wednedasy! Oh well have to try again next year !
    I'm tres jealous have an awesome time :)

Thank youuu!
    Don't rule yourself out just yet. I'm sure there are people that may not take the place!
    Fingers crossed for you 😠!

Hi Guys,

Congrats that's brilliant! You were hardly wearing a green blazer on Friday?? Strange question but I met a girl before one of my interviews that day and thought she seemed like a dead cert for the job haha.

No luck with the tourism one for me but have a second interview for the multinational programme next week so pinning the hopes on that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ceannaire

lm22 wrote: »

No luck with the tourism one for me but have a second interview for the multinational programme next week so pinning the hopes on that now!

Have you actually received word back yet? I haven't it, I wish they'd put me out of my misery.

• Advertisement

Ceannaire wrote: »
    Have you actually received word back yet? I haven't it, I wish they'd put me out of my misery.

No I haven't heard yet either just presuming, the interview didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Yeah waiting for word is the worst

Advertisement