Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I give more? The answer is usually yes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice work Tang1 - good to see the progression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Duanington wrote: »
    Nice work Tang1 - good to see the progression

Cheers Duanington, great running in Achill and super race report, they should use it to sell the race.

Thursday

3 miles 27min 43sec(9.14min/mile)

Recovery run after Wednesday evenings race, legs felt good and wanted to go faster had to reign things in once or twice.

13.10miles 1hr 46min 52sec(8.55min/mile)

Long run and had planned on doing 14 but circumstances knocked that on the head. Only got out at 12.30pm and first thing that struck me was how humid & muggy it was, everything went to plan until 9 miles where the wheels well and truly fell off. I once again was soaked through with sweat, it was running down my legs into my socks and they were squelching as i ran!!

My singlet was stuck to me and weighed a tonne, i had made sure i was well hydrated before i went out. At just over 10 miles i had a wobble and had to stop as i thought i was going to fall, composed myself and slowly made it to the end, staggered a few times & nearly made the ditch once or twice but got home in one piece. My pee was brown when i went to the toilet after i finished. Tough run but glad i toughed it out and finished it, not suited to this warm weather running at all!!

Today

4 miles 37min 35sec(9.23min/mile)

Body bit tender after yesterday, bad heat rash along my shorts waistband from yesterdays sweat, very sore!! Kept this nice and slow to give the legs a chance to recover. Good weeks running all told.

Song of the week - Mr Spring "Voyager"

WTD-34.45miles
    MTD-66.85miles
    YTD-454.88miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

That dehydration sounds severe tang. Would you have been that bad in the past with the sweating and the brown pee? Were you hydrating well in the days before that run?
    Nice week. All the cool people did 34 miles this week:D

Ososlo wrote: »
    That dehydration sounds severe tang. Would you have been that bad in the past with the sweating and the brown pee? Were you hydrating well in the days before that run?
    Nice week. All the cool people did 34 miles this week:D

Yeah i'd generally drink 2-3 litres of water daily, i sweat quite a bit even if the weather is at 10-12 degrees and lower. Sweat severly in the heat though, its first time its affected me in that way. Took a gel on board at 8 miles during the run to but say the damage was done at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

What brand of gel was it? The only "brown pee" incident I've had was gel-related, I think (the first time I ever took one, a Kinetica).

Murph_D wrote: »
    What brand of gel was it? The only "brown pee" incident I've had was gel-related, I think (the first time I ever took one, a Kinetica).

It was an Energy one, berry flavour. Would only use gels very sparingly so may have something to do with it.

Zero, nada, zilch miles for the week and will stay that way. I was working nights Monday & Tuesday aswell as trying to keep my stomach inside me from either end!! Spent both nights running to the bathroom at work vomiting & scuttering. No matter how much bisto i used it just didn't help!!

Still under the weather Wednesday and Thursday but no stomach or bowel movements thankfully. Feeling bit better today but will not run again till Monday next to make sure the dose is fully out of my system. Had few little niggles that were welcome of the rest to.

tang1 wrote: »
    Zero, nada, zilch miles for the week and will stay that way. I was working nights Monday & Tuesday aswell as trying to keep my stomach inside me from either end!! Spent both nights running to the bathroom at work vomiting & scuttering. No matter how much bisto i used it just didn't help!!

Still under the weather Wednesday and Thursday but no stomach or bowel movements thankfully. Feeling bit better today but will not run again till Monday next to make sure the dose is fully out of my system. Had few little niggles that were welcome of the rest to.

bisto:confused: Maybe I don't want to know:eek:
    Sorry to hear you were unwell. That's sh1ght:o
    Your legs won't know themselves come Monday!

bisto:confused: Maybe I don't want to know:eek:
    Sorry to hear you were unwell. That's sh1ght:o
    Your legs won't know themselves come Monday!

Bisto great for thickening up a dose of the runs they reckon!!!

• Advertisement

Well I never knew that! Get better soon or you'll be put off bisto for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Sweet Jesus man, the next time I have a Sunday roast with Bisto, all I'll be thinking is there's some Tang off that :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

My 3 had that dose and one of them still not right! I did nt give him bisto though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Never in a month of Sundays!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Jeez it's like the twilight zone over here :confused:

Monday

6.05miles 50min 04sec(8.17min/mile)

Christ its warm out, first run back since my bowel illness. This was done at 1pm at worst of the heat & i sweated buckets doing it. I wore a pair of recently bought Puma Faas 600, never again will i wear them. Like running with 2 pieces of timber tied to your feet!! Legs felt nice & rested.

Tuesday

7.01miles 57min 57sec(8.16min/mile)

This was done at 7.45pm and made world of difference than day before, still sweated buckets but the humidity was nowhere near as bad. Dont know how i'll cope with the 10miler Sunday if this heat keeps up, i know i wont sustain the pace i want to run if the heat continues till then.

WTD-13.06miles
    MTD-79.91miles
    YTD-467.94miles

Today

7.54miles 60min 43sec(8.03min/miles)

Clouds at last!! Was bit cooler this morning, left Mrs Tang snoozing, shes feeling bit rough in the mornings this time around compared to tang1 Junior. Out at just before 12pm and it was still cool enough compared to previous 3 days, wanted to do a few 10mile paced miles to see how i was. Done 3 miles gradual progression then into 10mile paced miles. 7.11 & 7.14 they came back at.

Another 8 of those and i'll be delighted come early Sunday afternoon. Again soaked through in sweat, will make sure to hydrate well between now and the race. On another annoying note, looking like i will once again miss the the Athlone Half in Sept, not due to injury this time, but as it stands i cannot get the time off work. It was my goal race for the year, just not meant to run this race it seems.

WTD-20.60miles
    MTD-87.45miles
    YTD-475.48miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Thats a shame about Athlone Tang - any back up plan?

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Thats a shame about Athlone Tang - any back up plan?

Zero TJ, had my heart set on Athlone so wasn't looking at other halfs around that time. May start looking later!!

There's always the Dublin HM on Sept 20th in the Phoenix Park - a good bit hillier than Athlone though!

• Advertisement

Longford HM Tang? It's fairly flat

TbL

Murph_D wrote: »
    There's always the Dublin HM on Sept 20th in the Phoenix Park - a good bit hillier than Athlone though!

Will be in Clare D, so not an option i'm afraid.

Longford HM Tang? It's fairly flat

TbL

Again time off work is an issue, plus i have the Clonmel Half a week before, recovery wouldn't be great.

Galway Bay HM, flat but a bit expensive?

TbL

TbL

When is that?

TbL

One of my options alright, but not to sound mean, price is crazy for a Half Marathon.

SamforMayo wrote: »
    When is that?

4th October SfM

http://www.galwaybayhalfmarathon.com

Tis a bit pricey all right.

TbL

Had kinda committed to doing this with a mate - maybe pacing him but bloody hell €45 - I want to do the half not buy Elverys! :eek:

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Had kinda committed to doing this with a mate - maybe pacing him but bloody hell €45 - I want to do the half not buy Elverys! :eek:

I'm considering it too, tis dear!

• Advertisement

Good luck tomorrow. What's the target?

RedRunner wrote: »
    Good luck tomorrow. What's the target?

Cheers RR, sub 75 mins is the goal, may look a soft target, but i haven't ran anything close to ten miles at 7.30min/mile pace in long time. I'm lacking a bit in speed endurance. If i come in under 75 i'll be very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Signed up for this last night so hopefully see you down there. If not good luck and enjoy!

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Signed up for this last night so hopefully see you down there. If not good luck and enjoy!

I'll keep an eye out for the shades, hopefully see you there.

Good luck tomorrow, B. Look forward to hearing about it.

Best of luck tomorrow Tang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

Good luck later, looking forward to report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck today tang. Didn't realise you were joining us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Beat of luck.

1.12.38, happy out with that. How a race should be run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Well done again. Great run and nice to meet you again, this time in the searing sunshine rather than the torrential rain we had after the 5 miler. Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Well done again. Great run and nice to meet you again, this time in the searing sunshine rather than the torrential rain we had after the 5 miler. Keep up the good work.

Cheers, happy with the progress. Savage running by yourself, your in flying shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Smashed it, well done man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Nicely.

Well done Tang - you blitzed the sub 75..

Congrats Tang.

Nice running today Tang, it all coming back together for you

TbL

Delighted for ya! You'll be meeting your 'old self' any day now!!!

Delighted for ya! You'll be meeting your 'old self' any day now!!!

As a matter of interest how far off your old self are you Tang ?

Cheers RR, sub 75 mins is the goal, may look a soft target, but i haven't ran anything close to ten miles at 7.30min/mile pace in long time. I'm lacking a bit in speed endurance. If i come in under 75 i'll be very happy.

So , a soft target after all;)

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Good going today tang. Plenty more to come

• Advertisement
Advertisement