Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initiating trace

Options
  • 08-03-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone ,new to boards my husband was born in England in 1966 adopted through st Anne's adoption agency cork ,didn't know he was adopted until he was 18 (went looking for birth cert for summer job and obviously no record of him )it was a huge shock for him when his adopted parents told him he was adopted.He felt everyone knew this (sisters who weren't adopted ) neighbours and cousins except him and felt very hurt. Despite this his adopted parents had loved him dearly and he had a happy childhood .All he knows is that he was born in England nothing else the subject of adoption never came up again.He said he wasn't interested in tracing until jan this year out of the blue he said to me this year I'm going to find out about my past. He has applied for his original birth cert and general information about himself from hse cork,he got a letter back saying it will take 10 wks for information and his natural mother must be contacted to release b cert. hoping hse will be upfront with information would appreciate ny advise from you (he is recently recovered from cancer)

Comments

Advertisement