Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the Army

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Im in DFTC early next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

bpc93 wrote: »
    i had personal stuff going on outside of training and as a result of those things that happened i was depressed i left and den was diagnosed with depression...I`m ok now and have been for a long time now. im not asking people here if i deserve a chance im asking what the chances are of being accepted again because i know im ready.

This isn't X Factor mate. Besides you had depression. That's a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

@AllthingsCP/bpc93 - Good luck to you both.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

thestar wrote: »
    Nothing either of you have said has changed my opinion that soldiers do very little, not that they are lazy but there is nothing to do in a barracks all day. There is only so many times one can march or train. If somebody wants to join a real army them going and join England's one. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but its obvious that its a very boring job

Not everybody who joins the army spends all their time in the infantry, not that there is anything wrong with that. On the last rotation to the Leb, a private I served with over there 21 years ago wes going out as a CS

I spent 15 years inthe army, learned a skill that i took into civilian life.
    I served with lads who became cooks and now have their own catering businesses.
    I serves with a chap who transferred to the Air Corps , became a winchman and worked at that in civilian life.
    A friend transferred to Signals/IT and now works as an IT contractor
    A neighbour was in transport an now drives for a living
    The list could go on

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

tac foley wrote: »
    @AllthingsCP/bpc93 - Good luck to you both.

tac

cheers tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

earlytobed wrote: »
    Not everybody who joins the army spends all their time in the infantry, not that there is anything wrong with that. On the last rotation to the Leb, a private I served with over there 21 years ago wes going out as a CS

I spent 15 years inthe army, learned a skill that i took into civilian life.
    I served with lads who became cooks and now have their own catering businesses.
    I serves with a chap who transferred to the Air Corps , became a winchman and worked at that in civilian life.
    A friend transferred to Signals/IT and now works as an IT contractor
    A neighbour was in transport an now drives for a living
    The list could go on

Dear Mr earlytobed - it is my impression that the OP is not really here to learn about life in the army - ANY army - but to p!ss in the hats of those of us who have served in it in any role.

You and I and all of us who have responded to his comments are trying to carve fog - his mind is already made up that we are all a bunch of time-wasting clowns in funny suits, who would be better off getting a proper job, maybe flipping burgers.

It's true that I was in a different army to yours, and therefore did very different things, but I left the Army with an MSc and two BAs and a good career that I followed on both sides of the Atlantic as well as the other side of the world, until I finally retired for good [hah] a couple of years ago.

Best to you and yours this coming St Patrick's Day.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

tac foley wrote: »
    Dear Mr earlytobed - it is my impression that the OP is not really here to learn about life in the army - ANY army - but to p!ss in the hats of those of us who have served in it in any role.

You and I and all of us who have responded to his comments are trying to carve fog -his mind is already made up that we are all a bunch of time-wasting clowns in funny suits, who would be better off getting a proper job, maybe flipping burgers.

It's true that I was in a different army to yours, and therefore did very different things, but I left the Army with an MSc and two BAs and a good career that I followed on both sides of the Atlantic as well as the other side of the world, until I finally retired for good [hah] a couple of years ago.

Best to you and yours this coming St Patrick's Day.

tac
    Right back atcha, Tac

You're right about that , waste of time responding to him.

Advertisement