Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing Passport ?

• 08-03-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi , just wondering what steps i take to renew an old passport , its out of date by about 2 years and will be needing a new one for summer .

What steps do i have to take in order to apply for a new one ? ( a local passport office is too far from me )

thanks ,

david.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Post office will have the renewal forms etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Cool must collect one in the morning , all instructions on there on what to include etc yes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dancing gal

Can anyone tell me the following in relation to renewing an Irish passport....its not clear on the instructiions that come with the Application Form
    1. If you are simply renewing your passport and send your old one with the application do you need to send all the certs along as well. They will have seen them all when issuing the old one surely????

2. In the case of a lost passport, obviously the most recent one can't be submitted with the application but the one prior to that can be as we still have it on file.....do documents/certificates need to be submitted in this case???

Maybe someone who works in passport office or post office might be able to advise. Thanks a mill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

1. If you are simply renewing your passport and send your old one with the application do you need to send all the certs along as well. They will have seen them all when issuing the old one surely????

You do if you're <18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Lost passport means send everything in again, no exceptions, no non current passports. You must send in everything, that is the punishment for losing one.

If you have lost two or more passports in succession expect to be questioned and possibly refused if the passport office is not happy with the answer(s)

Advertisement