Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom vs Manchester United Match Thread. k/o 12.45 BT Sport.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Luverly finish and build up play

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Moyes shocked that the goal came without the ball going out wide :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

If he could do that in front of goal all the time he'd be a beast of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Beautiful

The movement and finish from Danny topping off great play from mata rooney and fellaini

Always wanted to type that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Anyways.. What were ye saying?

I wonder if I say it again will we get a fourth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Ahhhhh football nice to see you again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Julez wrote: »
    If he could do that in front of goal all the time he'd be a beast of a player.

He would need to play up front more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

beno619 wrote: »
    He would need to play up front more.

Just because you dont start as a Striker doesnt mean you get a pass for being crap at finishing. Hes been much better this season thougj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What match has michael owen been watching

• Advertisement

Carrick is Owen's motm?? He only started to impose himself on the game when we were 2-0 up,Fellaini was far more effective than him today.

Carrick did better than some people claim on here but man of the match?

Mata Raf and Fellaini were better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Always said it was unfair to judge Moyes when he had so many of his players either injured or unfit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Owen never gets the MOTM right. Never.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Just because you dont start as a Striker doesnt mean you get a pass for being crap at finishing. Hes been much better this season thougj.

Yeah he gets one chance a month and is expected to score it. Form and fitness don't come into play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Strange choice for MOTM

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Carrick did better than some people claim on here but man of the match?

Mata Raf and Fellaini were better

Carrick's game was get the ball,pass it 5 yards then stand still,he only decided to move around when we got the 2nd goal & looked comfortable.
    A lot of our problems have stemmed from this kind of play.

Always said it was unfair to judge Moyes when he had so many of his players either injured or unfit.

He had Jan, Kags and Fellaini available in Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Poor performance by West Brom today has to be said.

Saying that, after todays performance if I seem Smalling not playing every match at CB from now on I give up. He has been faultless, something which can't be said when he plays as a full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Owen's voice really cheapens a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Poor performance by West Brom today has to be said.

Saying that, after todays performance if I seem Smalling not playing every match at CB from now on I give up. He has been faultless, something which can't be said when he plays as a full back.

His initial tackling ability and reading is very good. His distribution leaves alot to be desired

• Advertisement

42nd different starting XI for United this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Felaini back to his best?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

zerks wrote: »
    42nd different starting XI for United this season.

And one that should be kept whenever possible!!!

Owen's voice really cheapens a match.

Yup he's not as thick as people make out but his voice is horrible

Like a just broken voice of a posh scouse teenager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Big improvement in the performance when Rvp went off I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Delighted to see Fellani have a solid performance, been getting way too much slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Christ BT piss me off, all talk about RVP yellow card, nothing about the fact that Foster in the first half !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He had Jan, Kags and Fellaini available in Greece.

Jan isn't ready for top level ball, Fellaini was just back from injury and not match fit, as usual no excuse for Kags but I've come to accept Moyes just doesn't fancy one of his best players in a similar way Mourinho didn't like Mata.

Liam O wrote: »
    Jan isn't ready for top level ball, Fellaini was just back from injury and not match fit, as usual no excuse for Kags but I've come to accept Moyes just doesn't fancy one of his best players in a similar way Mourinho didn't like Mata.

You play your best players when available not Val and Cleverley. today's performance and result should be proof of that. Jan has been playing top level football for 7 months and has faced better than Olimpiakos. Stop making excuses and just accept Moyes made a balls of that team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You play your best players when available not Val and Cleverley. today's performance and result should be proof of that. Jan has been playing top level football for 7 months and has faced better than Olimpiakos. Stop making excuses and just accept Moyes made a balls of that team.

Just because someone is playing doesn't mean they are ready. Jan has shown that for months now, just because everyone else is underperforming doesn't change that.

Moyes made a balls of the team but went with experienced and fit players who let him, themselves and the club down. Doubt it'll happen to that level again, though I've been wrong about this before.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Just because someone is playing doesn't mean they are ready. Jan has shown that for months now, just because everyone else is underperforming doesn't change that.

Moyes made a balls of the team but went with experienced and fit players who let him, themselves and the club down. Doubt it'll happen to that level again, though I've been wrong about this before.

Jan hasnt let us down this season he's had mehh games but never as poor as Val or Clev. Moyes got it wrong.

Its happened multiple times this season and nobody was surprised at the result based on the team put out.

Im not sure what your argument is. Do you thing we would have been embarrassed if Kag, Fellaini and Jan started in Greece ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Trilla wrote: »
    Yup he's not as thick as people make out but his voice is horrible

Like a just broken voice of a posh scouse teenager

Big oxymoron right there.;)

Advertisement