Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Analytics

Options
  • 08-03-2014 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

I have been given the job of using google analytics to look after a website and it was going ok until I discovered that the majority of online sales were happening on a third party site. What do I need to do to track those sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

You'll need to implement cross-domaim tracking in order to track movement between both sites. More here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TobEdward

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    You'll need to implement cross-domaim tracking in order to track movement between both sites. More here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite
    Thank you am also trying to find out the Answer How to Use Google Analytics.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Thanks for the resources above. I have studied them a few times but they are not helpful for me as I am not a developer. I have access to GA and the CMS but I cannot figure out how to go about doing it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

In order to monitor a thirdparty site, fully, you'd need to have tracking code on it - which i doubt you would. Other than that you can just see referral data etc

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

..and the only way to get tracking code on it would be to get onto the developer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Do you own the third party site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

cue wrote: »
    ..and the only way to get tracking code on it would be to get onto the developer?

If it does not belong to you/you do not have a way to amend the code on it yourself, then yes.

Advertisement