Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

sopretty wrote: »
    I don't allow my brain to venture towards the specifics of death until my mind is rudely drawn to imagining sharks eating passengers!!!!!!!

Well if it makes you feel better sharks don't really eat people they just bite them. Then they bleed out and die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Merkin wrote: »
    So once that has been established, we're all to blithely ignore the fate of the passengers? We can be pretty much guaranteed that the ending they met wasn't pretty.

The alternative is to be like a pack of hyenas cackling over a corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Is this really A & A?
    Well we have been doing that for 262 pages now. :rolleyes:
    funtime93 wrote: »
    So what has everyone been doing for the past 13 days then?
    Merkin wrote: »
    So once that has been established, we're all to blithely ignore the fate of the passengers? We can be pretty much guaranteed that the ending they met wasn't pretty.
    Well if it makes you feel better sharks don't really eat people they just bite them. Then they bleed out and die.

You see that is the problem, and not necessarily from those you might expect.

Most of us are here to discuss (and learn about) the disappearance of a commercial passenger airliner in fairly unprecedented circumstances, happening in real time, but only the somewhat heartless might start surmising on the method of deaths of individuals as this stage.
    What has happened to the passengers is intrinsically linked with MH370 and ultimately the only reason for searching.

But its a bit like passing a car accident and discussing the blood and bones you saw. Inappropriate and gory.
    And then to attack someone for preferring not to take the discussion in that direction. further inappropriate.

Without even having a clue what happened to the aircraft?
    That really is the type of discussion generally left to a coroners court, or at least AH.

So any new facts/updates/progress/technical discussion/ technical theories I came here for?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

This whole thread at times really does seem like a plane crash. Ridiculous theories have been replaced by mindless bickering.

This whole thread at times really does seem like a plane crash. Ridiculous theories have been replaced by mindless bickering.

Can you sort the wheat from the chaff then and tell us which theories are the ridiculous ones, in order that we may narrow our theory list down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Whilst the discussion of death and its form are not A&A material it is a sad fact that it's a byproduct of this discussion. I ask that posters keep away from tasteless graphic depictions of what MAY have happened and refrain from baiting other posters about its gore or gore potential.

This episode may end tragically but let's try and keep focus on finding MH370 before we get to a grisly conclusion.

Can you sort the wheat from the chaff then and tell us which theories are the ridiculous ones, in order that we may narrow our theory list down?

The one about the plane being in Pakistan to be used for an attack on Israel was particularly insightful.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Here is an interesting image plotted with possible routes relative to where the recent wreckage is being investigated. I can't verify how valid the source is though (although lifted from the pilots rumour network).

I'm not saying this wreckage is part of the 777 as personally I haven't a breeze what's going on.

Though I suppose some of the Jim Corrs mates could say that this wreckage was placed there by the CIA :cool:

The route mirrored in both latitude and longitude at waypoint IGARI.

QqtnhME.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The one about the plane being in Pakistan to be used for an attack on Israel was particularly insightful.

Yes, you are right. Seemed to cause alarm in Israel too.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.580199

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Yes, you are right. Seemed to cause alarm in Israel too.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.580199

It's not like Israel to be paranoid about its security.

I fear they will never know what exactly what happened, but to me its seeming more and more likely to be a mechanical/electrical fault with massive systems failure and the pilots taking 'deliberate' action to change the course of the plane and eventually ending up in tragedy in the Indian Ocean. The timeline of events may not support this fully as yet but in fairness there has been a lot of confusion over that timeline.

The seeming incompetence with which the Malaysian authorities have handled the investigation has only compounded the tragedy.

• Advertisement

It's not like Israel to be paranoid about its security.

I fear they will never know what exactly what happened, but to me its seeming more and more likely to be a mechanical/electrical fault with massive systems failure and the pilots taking 'deliberate' action to change the course of the plane and eventually ending up in tragedy in the Indian Ocean. The timeline of events may not support this fully as yet but in fairness there has been a lot of confusion over that timeline.

The seeming incompetence with which the Malaysian authorities have handled the investigation has only compounded the tragedy.

I'd love to see a ping by ping timeline of what went on.

Set it to Malaysian time or this Zulu time, but keep it consistent.

Tell us what communications were received and how and at what time and at what position.

I'm mithered trying to get a timeline in my head. I've even taken out the pen and paper!!!

pfurey101 wrote: »
    Here is an interesting image plotted with possible routes relative to where the recent wreckage is being investigated. I can't verify how valid the source is though (although lifted from the pilots rumour network).

I'm not saying this wreckage is part of the 777 as personally I haven't a breeze what's going on.

Though I suppose some of the Jim Corrs mates could say that this wreckage was placed there by the CIA :cool:

The route mirrored in both latitude and longitude at waypoint IGARI.

QqtnhME.png

Is it just me, or does a map with no explanation of symbols or lines, mean nothing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Is it just me, or does a map with no explanation of symbols or lines, mean nothing? :confused:

It makes sense to me at least.'.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

dees99 wrote: »
    What I think happened flight MH370.

I think Flight MH370 is in the hands of Al Qaeda with all passengers safe and well until they're flown to they're deaths in whatever target they're going for. Hostages will buy time if intercepted en route. Ultimately they will add to the overall body count. Hence also the phones ringing. A commentator on CNN last night mentioned that a couple of months ago intelligence agencies had heard unconfirmed whispers of a newly recruited airline pilot recruited by extremists. On the third day of the flight missing the Wall St Journal quoted a source from the FBI saying they were extremely concerned about the missing flight. This was when we all expected it to be found broken up in the Gulf of Thailand somewhere

I don't think its a western target because of the lack of westerns on board that flight. I also highly doubt the captain was involved with a lifetime of flying behind him. Also the fact that it was the Co pilot that spoke last to ATC.

China announced today that they have 30 satellites looking for the aircraft. They are deeply concerned. They are many Chinese on board. I'd suspect its going to be an attack on china in sympathy for the persecution of Muslims in the North West of China.

I had thougt that they might have been going for a US air force base in the Indian ocean but there wouldn't be enough media coverage of it to have proper effect.

I'd like to amend my previous post, I now believe the target is Israel. Who is behind it? The number 2 in Al Qaeda or the new head of ISIS, haven't figured that out yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What are you on about? What evidence is making you think any of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

I'd like to amend my previous post, I now believe the target is Israel. Who is behind it? The number 2 in Al Qaeda or the new head of ISIS, haven't figured that out yet

I think your theory is bonkers ..no offence meant. Wud do well on the fiction shelves.

I think your theory is bonkers ..no offence meant. Wud do well on the fiction shelves.

Well I think the people wasting time searching the Indian ocean are bonkers and so are the people who believe it too.

I can't be bothered repeating the same blatantly obvious signs that this an ISIS or Al Qaida operation. Wouldn't now be the perfect time to move the aircraft while the worlds and military attention focuses on the south Indian ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Jesus this place has gone mad. Better off in the After Hours thread at this stage

Here's a clue for you. Stop thinking of this from a westerner's perspective!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Corvo wrote: »
    Jesus this place has gone mad. Better off in the After Hours thread at this stage

I was thinking conspiracy theory thread

• Advertisement

Well I think the people wasting time searching the Indian ocean are bonkers and so are the people who believe it too.

I can't be bothered repeating the same blatantly obvious signs that this an ISIS or Al Qaida operation. Wouldn't now be the perfect time to move the aircraft while the worlds and military attention focuses on the south Indian ocean

Conspiracy Theories forum thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Here's a clue for you. Take off your tinfoil hat and back your theories up with some facts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

When pieces of fuselage and luggage are found scattered across the Indian/South Indian Ocean you'll be held to account for your spuriously arrived at 'boloni'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I guess that next step it will be installing some sophisticated "out of touch" by normal people of some tracking devices.
    Then, those tracking devices will be connected to on-board mobile phone communication device(s).
    Next...well guess why NSA is worried that if the go ahead of in-plane phone calls go ahead...they wont be able to be "connected" !

But, i could be wrong...

lord lucan wrote: »
    Conspiracy Theories forum thataway>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I must be mad then or something, because I can help thinking why can't these stupid people see the obvious signs right in front of them?

I'm not trying to call people stupid or names, that wasn't my point so please don't ban me for that! ��

You people just must not be that bright or something. I'm NOT trolling but some of your replies genuinely made me burst out laughing. I hope when when I turn out to be right you will come back and admit it. ��

Synode wrote: »
    Here's a clue for you. Take off your tinfoil hat and back your theories up with some facts

There are no facts. You just have a jig saw puzzle of pieces in front of you and you need to figure out what EXACTLY fits into what. Can you understand that Mr Tinfoil hat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

There are no facts. You just have a jig saw puzzle of pieces in front of you and you need to figure out what EXACTLY fits into what. Can you understand that Mr Tinfoil hat?

Seriously, what are you rabbling on about?

donvito99 wrote: »
    When pieces of fuselage and luggage are found scattered across the Indian/South Indian Ocean you'll be held to account for your spuriously arrived at 'boloni'.

And can I label you 'Donkey' if they don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I agree, but surely they would have found the time to send out a distress call, wouldn't they?? Unless maybe it was fire that started in the comms systems, who knows.

They way i see it, it must of been an unfortunate string of bad luck and unlikely events or this kind of thing would happen more often.

• Advertisement

And can I label you 'Donkey' if they don't?

Day 1 as a Mod here and i'm infracting people! Whatever your theories,remember the Boards ethos,attack the post,not the poster.

Advertisement