Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

Corvo wrote: »
    Seriously, what are you rabbling on about?

The profile of the two pilots suggest they were lax about opening the cockpit door.

The fact that there was no distress call.

The fact that the transponder and coms were switched off in a radar corridor.

The fact that the plane vanished in another radar corridor and the finest military and technology in the world cannot locate it. Premeditated flying.

The fact the mobile phones were still ringing

The fact the intelligence agencies heard whispers of a newly recruited pilot

The fact that no group has claimed responsibility suggests its future use as a weapon.

They could execute 95% of hostages for control and still claim to have the full amount on board

Number 2 in Al Qaida has been silent in recent years but id suspect its the new low profile head of ISIS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Day 1 as a Mod here and i'm infracting people! Whatever your theories,remember the Boards ethos,attack the post,not the poster.

Sorry and fair enough. It was strictly in response to his 'boloni' label which I actually misread. Idiots was a figure of speech, but point accepted lord Lucan! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I agree, but surely they would have found the time to send out a distress call, wouldn't they?? Unless maybe it was fire that started in the comms systems, who knows.

They way i see it, it must of been an unfortunate string of bad luck and unlikely events or this kind of thing would happen more often.

ya there are certainly question marks over the pilots actions/lack of, if it was a fault with the aircraft. I would point to accidents in the past though where pilots have reacted in error to what they perceived to be the fault.

It is very noticeable how when the Americans and Australians have gotten involved, the search has been ramped up and we may be close to finding wreckage. The yanks are indispensable in this kind of operation.

dees99 wrote: »
    The profile of the two pilots suggest they were lax about opening the cockpit door.

The fact that the plane vanished in another radar corridor and the finest military and technology in the world cannot locate it. Premeditated flying.

The fact that no group has claimed responsibility suggests its future use as a weapon.

They could execute 95% of hostages for control and still claim to have the full amount on board

Number 2 in Al Qaida has been silent in recent years but id suspect its the new low profile head of ISIS

you are very entertaining in fairness, the highlighted part is probably my favourite bit.

Honest question, if the same flight with the same passengers vanished off the coast of South America, do you think the Chinese would have 30 satellites looking for it?

• Advertisement

you are very entertaining in fairness, the highlighted part is probably my favourite bit.

Yea your right, sure it was all over the world media a couple of days beforehand that the twin towers would have two commercial airlines flown into them. Why didn't I think of that? ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Yes, you'd surely think there would be an easier way to obtain a plane if it were to be used to crash into something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Honest question, if the same flight with the same passengers vanished off the coast of South America, do you think the Chinese would have 30 satellites looking for it?

152 Chinese citizens? Yes, I imagine they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭microsim

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

<snip>

Where exactly did I ever say that? Please find the post and quote it before you make unsubstantiated claims. Cheers

You seem bothered that I said your post wast stupid. Well it was and insensitive too considering there hasn't even been a crash confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Will be daylight down here soon so I imagine if stuff is there it will be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

MH370 search to resume within the hour. Aircraft deployed at 2-hr intervals. Roughly 4 hrs out, 2 hrs on search and 4 hrs back. (ABC Aus)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Seems some wreckage has been found by the car transport vessel that's arrived in the area. Australian reporter making the claim on RTE Primetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

There are no facts. You just have a jig saw puzzle of pieces in front of you and you need to figure out what EXACTLY fits into what. Can you understand that Mr Tinfoil hat?

Yea your right, sure it was all over the world media a couple of days beforehand that the twin towers would have two commercial airlines flown into them. Why didn't I think of that? ��

Call me crazy, but the fact that no group has claimed responsibility suggests no group is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

If it does end up being a piece of wreckage, its going to be a massive task finding the rest of it.

299463.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

Anyone anywhere can pick elements of this mystery from any news site or blog or forum and make them suit their own theory. Sure even the tabloid of all 24 hr news coverage (Skynews) says:

"More outlandish claims include landing the plane somewhere to be used later in a 9/11-style attack, or it being involved in a collision with a military aircraft."

Anyone else can believe what they want but there are also counter "facts" or logical explanation put forward to all of your facts.....apart from your execution speculation and self admitted "heard whispers" facts.

The only fact is that no one has a clue what has happened. All one can do is speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,393 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Call me crazy, but the fact that no group has claimed responsibility suggests no group is involved.
    Are you serious? You are kinda overlooking a pretty obvious point. The plane may not be destroyed.

Terrorist groups claim responsibility for actions after they've been carried out. To highlight their cause to the world. If the plane was commandeered by a terrorist group, I wouldn't expect anyone to claim responsibility yet as this was only a prelude, the catalyst for a much bigger event. Think about it, a terrorist group being in possession of a very large long range aircraft has a rage great damage potential than a few hundred passengers. While it would be totally invisible at a later date, it would be a lot more concealed in normal air traffic than a hijacked scheduled flight.

To be clear, i'm not saying I believe that the plane being hijacked is the most likely scenerio. It isn't, there are far more likely events imo, but disregarding terrorists completely because nobody has claimed it, is pretty short sighted - I guarantee intelligence agencies were/are considering it.

My guess, its at the bottom of the ocean, with no surface debris. Needle in a haystack if its found anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

If it hit the ocean then surely it broke into pieces and some debris should be found no? Hard to imagine it landed intact and simply sank without a trace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Just read this evening that they don't expect larger parts like the fuselage to have floated that long, but smaller items such as seat cushions and lifejackets might still be up. A lot harder to spot from the air in a choppy sea though.

I hope all these family members get closure soon, this must be torture for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Just read this evening that they don't expect larger parts like the fuselage to have floated that long, but smaller items such as seat cushions and lifejackets might still be up. A lot harder to spot from the air in a choppy sea though.

I hope all these family members get closure soon, this must be torture for them.

Unfortunately finding the plane will just be the start of the closure for them. They will want to know how? Why? And when? the plane went down.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I think you'd be crazy to discount any theory in light of so few proven facts.:)
    I am not adding credence to this theory, but on the other hand it is not proven to be outside the bounds of possibility.

I recall some time in June/July 2001 reading a short article on inside page of Irish Times about some then unfamiliar name connected to attack on USS Cole. Mentioned about he had threatened some unspecified major attack on the west. Boy did that article come back to haunt.

Terrorists and their ilk don't tend to follow the rules for good living that generally form our way of thinking.

Meanwhile an open mind is probably the best tack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Let's confirm this is where the plane is first. Still no confirmation there is any plane wreckage there.

If nothing comes of this I think interest from the foreign media will steadily wane and the mystery will probably never be solved.

pclancy wrote: »
    Will be daylight down here soon so I imagine if stuff is there it will be seen.
    The window of opportunity is very low, they only have about 2 to 3 hours searching before returning to base, and weather is bad, so until (or even if) they have more SAR ships or more resources there, its more likely to be a lot longer than people hope. It's 4 hours flying from Perth AFAIK and the sat images are up to 4 days old and getting older.
    They are throwing out current marker buoys to give idea of where debris may have moved to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

If that turns out to be debris off the coast of Perth then terrorism/hijacking doesn't make any sense at all as there is no clear objective.

The 777 is a bloody huge bird, I find it hard to believe any 3rd world country could hide it for this long with dozens of countries searching, the world watching and god knows how many satellites, US drones etc.

The Malaysians haven't exactly covered themselves in glory tbh, looked very much out of their depth (no pun intended).

Mellor wrote: »
    Are you serious? You are kinda overlooking a pretty obvious point. The plane may not be destroyed.

Terrorist groups claim responsibility for actions after they've been carried out. To highlight their cause to the world. If the plane was commandeered by a terrorist group, I wouldn't expect anyone to claim responsibility yet as this was only a prelude, the catalyst for a much bigger event. Think about it, a terrorist group being in possession of a very large long range aircraft has a rage great damage potential than a few hundred passengers. While it would be totally invisible at a later date, it would be a lot more concealed in normal air traffic than a hijacked scheduled flight.

To be clear, i'm not saying I believe that the plane being hijacked is the most likely scenerio. It isn't, there are far more likely events imo, but disregarding terrorists completely because nobody has claimed it, is pretty short sighted - I guarantee intelligence agencies were/are considering it.

My guess, its at the bottom of the ocean, with no surface debris. Needle in a haystack if its found anytime soon.
    wil wrote: »
    I think you'd be crazy to discount any theory in light of so few proven facts.:)
    I am not adding credence to this theory, but on the other hand it is not proven to be outside the bounds of possibility.

I recall some time in June/July 2001 reading a short article on inside page of Irish Times about some then unfamiliar name connected to attack on USS Cole. Mentioned about he had threatened some unspecified major attack on the west. Boy did that article come back to haunt.

Terrorists and their ilk don't tend to follow the rules for good living that generally form our way of thinking.

Meanwhile an open mind is probably the best tack.

I used the word 'suggests' for a reason.

The balance of probability is that no group is involved. I have no more answers than anyone else, and so dont discount any reasonable theory, but some theories i do find ridiculous, and the one the original poster who i was replying to believes, is just that.

I used the word 'suggests' for a reason.

The balance of probability is that no group is involved. I have no more answers than anyone else, and so dont discount any reasonable theory, but some theories i do find ridiculous, and the one the original poster who i was replying to believes, is just that.
    Agreed.
    Until something substantial is found, we may never know.
    Why not re-balance the probabilities and make up your own wild conspiracy theory. Here use these - Subs, PM, C4.

So many theories, so little evidence, of course it's conspiracy theory heaven.

2 hrs ago in Malaysia News
    Subs to be used after 30 days, but not the Scorpenes
    That irony will not be lost on most Malaysians.

Speaking of..., Lord Lucan, most apt modly arrival during a mysterious disappearance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

A question which may or may not have been asked before. If for some reason the pilots are incapacitated is there any way at all get into the cockpit? I assume not since 9/11?

That would be one long wait to die for passengers as a plane slowly runs out of fuel. Not saying that is what happened here but rather a general question.

BKtje wrote: »
    A question which may or may not have been asked before. If for some reason the pilots are incapacitated is there any way at all get into the cockpit? I assume not since 9/11?

That would be one long wait to die for passengers as a plane slowly runs out of fuel. Not saying that is what happened here but rather a general question.

i believe there is a code to get in but perhaps that can be disabled from inside, like this recent incident....

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/17/ethiopian-airlines-hijacked-geneva

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement