Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

robbieVan wrote: »
    A brand new one does, it would be shot down before it got very far, and now address the rest of my points about how stupid that idea is please? I really wanna see how someone thinks along these lines and how it seems possible in their head.

Take off the tinfoil hats or go to the AH thread, I really don't understand all the sensationalism

Well this one wasn't shot down! Not by anyone willing to admit to it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭robbieVan

lb1 wrote: »
    Less of the tinfoil hat ****e.

I like everyone else has no idea what happened to the plane. All I am saying is that it is a possibility its been stolen of use in a terrorist attack.

Then please explain to me how it would be done, dying to hear it, would love if you could prove me wrong and give me a possible scenario where they would pull it off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

heres what i don't get. if this debris in the south indian ocean is the plane. where were they flying to? they passed by australia, the next land mass is the antarctic. where were they going?

sopretty wrote: »
    Well this one wasn't shot down! Not by anyone willing to admit to it anyway!

That's because its nearly 100% in the ocean crashed.

Are people just trolling in this forum, I really dont understand, no wonder all the people in the industry and pilots stopped posting in it, amusing though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You serious?.. have you totally missed the point here?.. of course they are capable of anything, I didn't say that, they would not be able to pull it off, that's the point

Tell us how you know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

heres what i don't get. if this debris in the south indian ocean is the plane. where were they flying to? they passed by australia, the next land mass is the antarctic. where were they going?

Plane probably flying on its own. All on board dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Sounds like Ireland under FG/Lab.

That's because its nearly 100% in the ocean crashed.

Are people just trolling in this forum, I really dont understand, no wonder all the people in the industry and pilots stopped posting in it, amusing though

Not before flying around virtually undetected for several hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lb1

Then please explain to me how it would be done, dying to hear it, would love if you could prove me wrong and give me a possible scenario where they would pull it off.

We dont know all the facts. I cant prove my theory just like you cant disprove it. The plane seem to have been all but invisible once it said goodnight to Malaysian ground control and it had enough fuel to travel halfway around the globe.

I feel my IQ levels going down just replying to people in this thread, it's hurting my head, you are all obviously hoping that the most dramatic thing has happened and not the most obvious and logical, maybe that's the way things are these days, conspiracy theories are more fun to think about probably.

I hope that they find the plane soon as closure to the families and so all of you who just came to this forum when this happened finally leave and take your lack of aviation knowledge and common sense with you, it really is getting boring reading all these stupid comments.

• Advertisement

We dont know all the facts. I cant prove my theory just like you cant disprove it. The plane seem to have been all but invisible once it said goodnight to Malaysian ground control and it had enough fuel to travel halfway around the globe.

Military radar would've picked it up, security alerts would have happened as it flew over other countries

I feel my IQ levels going down just replying to people in this thread, it's hurting my head, you are all obviously hoping that the most dramatic thing has happened and not the most obvious and logical, maybe that's the way things are these days, conspiracy theories are more fun to think about probably.

I hope that they find the plane soon as closure to the families and so all of you who just came to this forum when this happened finally leave and take your lack of aviation knowledge and common sense with you, it really is getting boring reading all these stupid comments.

Well why were military/government and aviation agencies investigating passengers and crew? Just to have a nose into their lives for no reason is it?

Military radar would've picked it up, security alerts would have happened as it flew over other countries

Vietnam didn't pick it up. Malaysia's own radar didn't pick it up as it passed back over Malaysian territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Whos forcing you to reply to peoples comments here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

one fact that is apparent is that you haven't a clue what you are talking about, 'winging it' you might say.

The plane was picked up by satellite for hours following the last verbal communication. This has led to the search in the Indian ocean. The resources being put into that search now would indicate the various authorities are almost certain that it crashed there.

I too am fed up with the total rubbish being posted here and am in no doubt that normal posters to the aviation forum are keeping well away, which is a pity as their opinions would be the most valuable.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lb1

Well it seems to have been flying for several hours yet no radar picked it up. Somalia and Yemen are obvious candidates. It could have landed in any number of countries with the help of a friendly government or military. I know its much more likely that the plane crashed into the ocean for one reason or another, all I am saying is there are a range of possibilities out there until its found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 311 ✭✭Silverbling

Is the key to unravelling all of this in the amount of fuel on board?

Colser wrote: »
    Whos forcing you to reply to peoples comments here ?

Where did I say I have to reply or feel the need to?.. it's a discussion forum is it not?.. that's what people do.. I tried to discuss but no one has a clue it seems, I really don't think anyone would bet against the most logical theory of what happened, I'm just gonna stop replying and wait for people to lose interest and leave this forum back to some sanity.

Thanks for listening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Just got a thought about what it would be like to have seen the inside of the plane before it started descending into the ocean.
    Imagine what a grim sight it would have been just to walk down the cabin in those last 60 seconds, looking at all the slumped passengers, passed out from smoke or lack of oxygen etc...shiver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Here we go again with the 'we are the pros, leave us alone' stuff. Almost every theory on here I have heard been speculated on by aviation professionals since this began. I do not see (other than arrogance) why you have such a problem with mere mortals speculating here.

Nobody would have thought on these forums ( and I have been visiting A&A since I joined Boards) that men with minimum experience of flying jets would be able to hijack three jets on a September morning, fly them and manage to hit two skyscrapers effectively causing them to crash to the ground, not to mention driving one right into the heart of the Pentagon.

Tell us how you can definitively rule out a hijack? Don't worry, I understand big technical words. (as long as I have me Google!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

Well it seems to have been flying for several hours yet no radar picked it up.

Maybe because there are no radar stations in the middle of the ocean?

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Here we go again with the 'we are the pros, leave us alone' stuff. Almost every theory on here I have heard been speculated on by aviation professionals since this began. I do not see (other than arrogance) why you have such a problem with mere mortals speculating here.

Nobody would have thought on these forums ( and I have been visiting A&A since I joined Boards) that men with minimum exerience of flying jets would be able to hijack three jets on a September morning, fly them and manage to hit two skyscrapers effectively causing them to crash to the ground, not to mention driving one right into the heart of the Pentagon.

Tell us how you can definitively rule out a hijack? Don't worry, I understand big technical words. (as long as I have me Google!)

I'm not a pro at all , I flew in a cessna for half an hour once and that's as far as my technical knowledge go, I'm a mere mortal compared to most of the people on this forum trust me, but they have abandoned ship for a reason, because people who have no clue have taken over with their idiotic ways and went on as if they knew everything.

All I am asking is for people to use their common sense, it really just irks me how stupid people can be, do you think all these countries and military would be in the south indian ocean looking for wreckage if they had reason to believe it was taken and hidden away?.. I'm not disputing it was a hijacking and if it turns out that the .00001% chance that it is landed somewhere actually happened then I'll eat my words gladly because it would be one of the craziest things to have happened in the world this decade bar 9/11

Sadly(for some i guess?) I am a realist and common sense takes center stage in my life

I'm not a pro at all , I flew in a cessna for half an hour once and that's as far as my technical knowledge go, I'm a mere mortal compared to most of the people on this forum trust me, but they have abandoned ship for a reason, because people who have no clue have taken over with their idiotic ways and went on as if they knew everything.

All I am asking is for people to use their common sense, it really just irks me how stupid people can be, do you think all these countries and military would be in the south indian ocean looking for wreckage if they had reason to believe it was taken and hidden away?.. I'm not disputing it was a hijacking and if it turns out that the .00001% chance that it is landed somewhere actually happened then I'll eat my words gladly because it would be one of the craziest things to have happened in the world this decade bar 9/11

Sadly(for some i guess?) I am a realist and common sense takes center stage in my life

That it may well be crashed in the Indian Ocean, still doesn't rule hijacking out! Perhaps he got his compass upside down and headed south instead of north, where he intended to go.... Or maybe he got lost, and was too arrogant and refused to stop and ask someone for directions. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

All I am asking is for people to use their common sense, it really just irks me how stupid people can be, do you think all these countries and military would be in the south indian ocean looking for wreckage if they had reason to believe it was taken and hidden away?.. I'm not disputing it was a hijacking and if it turns out that the .00001% chance that it is landed somewhere actually happened then I'll eat my words gladly because it would be one of the craziest things to have happened in the world bar 9/11

Whatever about the unlikelyhood of it having landed somewhere on the QT and an alterior motive involved, do you think a hijacking of any sort is also remote?
    I find it hard to grasp that if there was a fire on board, despite having time to excute a turn, allegedly follow some waypoints in a different direction, that they had no time for either one of them to radio any communication to anyone. How many radio systems are on board? Is it two voice and one text based one?
    I know they have to aviate, navigate and communicate in that order, but it only takes seconds to communicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Or maybe he got lost, and was too arrogant and refused to stop and ask someone for directions. :p
    Only Airbus pilots ask for directions! Real (Boeing) pilots know the way! :D

That it may well be crashed in the Indian Ocean, still doesn't rule hijacking out! Perhaps he got his compass upside down and headed south instead of north, where he intended to go.... Or maybe he got lost, and was too arrogant and refused to stop and ask someone for directions. :p

Where did I say it wasn't hijacked? .. I'm saying it wasn't landed in some big scheme, 1) mechanical 2)pilot suicide 3) hijacking .. is probably the way it is at the moment in terms of what likely happened

Where did I say it wasn't hijacked? .. I'm saying it wasn't landed in some big scheme, 1) mechanical 2)pilot suicide 3) hijacking .. is probably the way it is at the moment in terms of what likely happened

So we can continue to speculate then? :cool:

I'm going with
    1. Mechanical (don't know enough to comment or speculate in this area!)
    2. Hijacking
    While pilot suicide is still possible I suppose, I find it hard to understand that he wouldn't have done it straight away. Why fly on for hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

Compasses upside down and requirements to aviate, navigate and communicate in that strict order.... I give up. You're right robbieVan, I came back to this forum way too early.

Happyman42 wrote: »

Tell me how I said it wasn't a hijack?!! Jesus Christ are you people serious?! Can you not read previous posts or can you not understand them maybe?.. I said it wasn't landed somewhere in some big operation because if you used common sense it would be clear.

Also the fact that nearly every passenger has come back clear in terms or terror links kinda clears that one up but hijacking is probably still 3rd on the list of likely things that happened.

• Advertisement

Bill G wrote: »
    Compasses upside down and requirements to aviate, navigate and communicate in that strict order.... I give up. Your right robbieVan, I came back to this forum way too early.

I was pulling the proverbial.......... Every ginnit knows a compass needle always points South. ;):D

Advertisement