Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

So which one of you guys is Jim Corr?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Could not of said it better myself. All the people in the know in the intelligence
    game are aware this plane has not crashed and is most likely being prepared for a attack of some sort.

Co pilot will not inform ATC about problem and pilot has gone to check it out???

You guys are good writers...write a novel...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

seal57 wrote: »
    Many reasons, mostly all Geo- political. Big one being, most of the passengers are Chinese nationals, have to tread lightly. Plus if there are hostages, and access to where the plane is, is restricted or its well secured, its not that easy to just launch an attack. Odds would be the hostages, at least most of them are not near the plane. The may have kept some with the plane but they could've have also killed most of them too. Too many scenarios that could have played out.
    An overly complicated, convoluted theory. There is NO reason to do something so complex when much simpler scenarios would explain the disappearance, even if it was a hijack situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lb1

These satellite images are baloney. Could be any bloody thing. The oceans are full of crap. Dont know why they are bothering to even release those images.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭theKillerBite

article-2586716-1C7D0D7500000578-805_634x645.jpg

I think it's looking hopeful. Remember, for the parents of the 150+ Chinese passengers this is probably their only child due to the Chinese "One Child" policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

article-2586716-1C7D0D7500000578-805_634x645.jpg

I think it's looking hopeful. Remember, for the parents of the 150+ Chinese passengers this is probably their only child due to the Chinese "One Child" policy.
    Thats a woeful image. Surely they have a better image.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Question in relation to getting a hijacked plane secretly in the air. People are saying that it might get 30 mins in the air before being taken out.
    I Remember a programme about george w bush going secretly into Iraq with air force one. The program claimed that after stopping and changing planes at some remote airport, the second flight (still jumbo) was registered as a learjet or similar and as far as everyone knew including controllers, it was a lear jet that was in the air. The show also claimed that another pilot called in over the radio that he had spotted air force one in the air nearby only to be told by controller that he must be mistaken that it was a learjet to which the pilot replied negative.
    Anyway I'm sure nobody was giving away the real methods used to hide the fact that airforce one was making the flight but in the case of trying to get an airliner from a one location to another unnoticed, is it possible to give it a false identity as a private flight which would allow it to proceed for hours unnoticed? Im just asking the question so civil responses please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

I haven't heard any mention of the pilot who was supposed to have flown as FO, but then didn't. Of course it might be of no significance, but I'm just wondering......

• Registered Users Posts: 24 seal57

mickdw wrote: »
    Question in relation to getting a hijacked plane secretly in the air. People are saying that it might get 30 mins in the air before being taken out.
    I Remember a programme about george w bush going secretly into Iraq with air force one. The program claimed that after stopping and changing planes at some remote airport, the second flight (still jumbo) was registered as a learjet or similar and as far as everyone knew including controllers, it was a lear jet that was in the air. The show also claimed that another pilot called in over the radio that he had spotted air force one in the air nearby only to be told by controller that he must be mistaken that it was a learjet to which the pilot replied negative.
    Anyway I'm sure nobody was giving away the real methods used to hide the fact that airforce one was making the flight but in the case of trying to get an airliner from a one location to another unnoticed, is it possible to give it a false identity as a private flight which would allow it to proceed for hours unnoticed? Im just asking the question so civil responses please.

It's possible as you say but not likely. Consider that if the planes whereabouts are known by US intelligence, how likely is it then they would not know the plane takes off. My thoughts are they know exactly where that plane is.

M370 used ACARS, but did not subscribe to Boeing’s Airplane Health Management program, but it did subscribe to Rolls Royce's engine Data sharing program. Its my understanding, Boeing had the ability to track that plane independent of Malaysia Air subscribing to its program and thats how the US knows where the plane is. Its been days since the press stopped reporting on this entire aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

The Malaysian airport is not exactly tightened up security wise like other western major airports.

I fly KLIA regularly, never noticed any differences with "western" security
    Chatter has been around for years about just such an event happening.

Is there a website for this chatter?
    a sturdy plane.

Do Boeing build unsturdy planes?
    The US President made one comment the other day, stating concern for the passengers and their families. Watch the video of his 30 seconds of comments and you will see his right eye quivering and face all tight, all signs of someone knowing more.

Link? Maybe Enda spat some shamrock in his eye earlier.
    to coordinate a plan and rescue mission. I would guess they need about 4-6 weeks to plan something.

If they plan to fly the plane into a city, will it still take 4-6 weeks?
    it is known all those waters are loaded with tons of debris all over.

I knew there were big whales.
    Obviously there are variations of what could have happened, how it happened, but we all know this, the plane is missing and there is no crash site and no electronic evidence that has been released that shows where it went or where it crashed.

You could be on to something here.

also Israeli air defenses continue to operate on the highest alert condition they have, has to be reason.

Never mind the daft Israelies, they are always preparing for war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

In light of resumption of the Cold War, I am a little surprised nobody referenced KAL 007 Aug 1983. or Iran air 655

Not sure if that gives a better indication of how long it might be before an un-identified plane was shot down, but certainly a possibility in some scenarios.

wil wrote: »
    In light of resumption of the Cold War, I am a little surprised nobody referenced KAL 007 Aug 1983. or Iran air 655

Not sure if that gives a better indication of how long it might be before an un-identified plane was shot down, but certainly a possibility in some scenarios.

Yikes, I've just finished reading the KAL 007 article, and the circumstances seem to be uncannily similar to MH370.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Just saw this posted elsewhere.
    It is now going on 15 days since MH370 went missing

Even if the currents were at a leisurely walk of 3 Knots x 24 hours in a day (currents never sleep) = Debris Field 72 miles from ditching / impact in just one day

15 days x 72 miles = 1080 NM from ditching / impact

Now going back to basic pilot trainer class if you are one degree off course in 60 miles you will be one mile off course.

1080 / 60 = 18 miles plus or minus the debris field could be located with just one degree change in the ocean currents vs. those who plot the currents.

All of these numbers could be multiplied by two or three with all the variables in the Southern Indian Ocean.

It will never be found

fits wrote: »
    Just saw this posted elsewhere.

It will never be found
    That's why they threw out current marker buoys from search day one. They can model the flows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

If they find part of it, I'd be suprised if they don't find most of it eventually.

That's why they threw out current marker buoys from search day one. They can model the flows.

The problem though, is they were 4 days late throwing down the marker buoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

that was ten days after the plane disappeared. They might find the objects in the satellite images, but I have huge doubts that they'll find the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm near the Maldives with Tomnod. If they updated to a Southern point, they might have more pairs of eyes looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I'm near the Maldives with Tomnod. If they updated to a Southern point, they might have more pairs of eyes looking.

The original image of the debris in the southern corridor was supplied to the Aussies by digital globe (Tomnod) so i don't see why they don't provide us with a selection of areas to be searched unless its part of the contract they have with governments that they don't make their commissioned images available to the public!

Yes, at least, even with inexperienced eyes, they might pinpoint areas where there's something interesting.
    It's just so vast. My little parcel near the Maldives is massive. Thankfully it's a good res one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I really don't buy this theory that it's been landed somewhere to use as a very large piloted missile.

If anyone saw an unidentified large aircraft coming into their airspace now it would be intercepted and if it didn't respond probably shot down.

It would be a pretty dumb idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I really don't buy this theory that it's been landed somewhere to use as a very large piloted missile.

If anyone saw an unidentified large aircraft coming into their airspace now it would be intercepted and if it didn't respond probably shot down.

It would be a pretty dumb idea.

What about the fact that it may have entered many countries airspace on its unidentifable journey without being intercepted?

Or was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

What about the fact that it may have entered many countries airspace on its unidentifable journey without being intercepted?

Or was it?

I didn't realise there is factual evidence it entered many countries airspace.

Link to this fact please.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Still cant believe people think its in the water , were not being told so much maybe the authorities think it is for the greater good we never find out what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Or was it?

They would be on the the look out for it now though! They weren't then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Surely just coincidence, but if you draw a direct line between where the first Sat image of debris was taken and Beijing, the planes intended destination, the line cross's almost the exact point where comms was lost with the aircraft. If the area of debris is indeed where the aircraft went down, its almost as if the intention was to get the plane as far as possible off route in totally the opposite direction.

mh370.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

I really believe we will never see that plane ever again, come on like , how many more days do we have to wait?

That's why I think if it was indeed intended to be used as a weapon, they would have acted fast, like the next day, while searches in the ocean were ongoing. With all eyes focused on another area, it would have been "easy" to dodge to their destination.

The plane could be crashed in the mountains somewhere between Nepal and Kazakhstan right now, a failed attempt.

Duiske wrote: »
    Surely just coincidence, but if you draw a direct line between where the first Sat image of debris was taken and Beijing, the planes intended destination, the line cross's almost the exact point where comms was lost with the aircraft. If the area of debris is indeed where the aircraft went down, its almost as if the intention was to get the plane as far as possible off route in totally the opposite direction.
    Or
    They turned the plane 180 degrees after on board incident and subsequently lost consciousness while the plane continued on till out of fuel.
    But thats far too simple to be true?

• Advertisement

fits wrote: »
    that was ten days after the plane disappeared. They might find the objects in the satellite images, but I have huge doubts that they'll find the plane
    well if the objects are part of the plane, then that's hard fact one and a huge indication of where it is.
    The current marker buoys give them current flow indication to aid estimation of where it is likely to have drifted in several days. All makes sense. The cyclone is probably not helping. I'd give them a bit of credit in understanding how ocean currents work on debris.

Advertisement