Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

Thought I saw a picture of something metal floating in the water on the tv as I walked past it earlier?
    Looked like a wing part....was it just random rubbish or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

SpaceTime wrote: »
    They would be on the the look out for it now though! They weren't then

And why would they not be on the look out for a rogue aircraft up there, no comms, no nothing, just flying up there? Crossing a country's airspace?

Tracking and surveillance has been proven to be totally useless.

Shame on those countries who want us to think differently about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

wil wrote: »
    Or
    They turned the plane 180 degrees after on board incident and subsequently lost consciousness while the plane continued on till out of fuel.
    But thats far too simple to be true?

Probably would be simple, if it were actually true. According to Malaysian military radar, its not. Unless you know different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

And why would they not be on the look out for a rogue aircraft up there, no comms, no nothing, just flying up there? Crossing a country's airspace?

Tracking and surveillance has been proven to be totally useless.

Shame on those countries who want us to think differently about that.

Yes, I think so too. There must be big gaps in their defence systems (all countries liable : India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Laos, Afghanistan even ... China possibly) and because of that there are still areas of uncertainty.

I have seen the last day or so a blanket statement that all countries concerned had let Malaysia know they had not detected anything, but I'm still not 100% convinced it is doubt proof info. I think it's more "to the best of their knowledge, on the available data".

oak5548 wrote: »
    Thought I saw a picture of something metal floating in the water on the tv as I walked past it earlier?
    Looked like a wing part....was it just random rubbish or what?

They still don't know because they haven't been able to locate it today. It is a white pixelated image, hard to tell if it's metal, but it could be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

I haven't looked here for the last couple of days and I see the same auld same being bandied about.

But I cant work out if these involve a new bunch of theorists commenting on what has been mentioned multiple times in this thread - or are they same auld ones pushing their theories and counter theories?

Guess it happens if users do not bother to go back 30 or 40 pages but launch straight in.

Again, I cannot understand how anyone can be so convinced about their own theory when in fact - there are very few facts that are not debatable. Most know nowt about what's going on.

You do not see people in the flight operations and maintenance side of the industry speculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

pfurey101 wrote: »
    I haven't looked here for the last couple of days and I see the same auld same being bandied about.

Did you close your eyes when you posted this post yesterday ?
    Currently tracking and plotting on PlaneFinder (similar service to FlightRadar 24)

US Navy P8 returning to Perth after searching for ‪#‎MH370‬ http://planefinder.net/flight/RSCU74
    These have a much larger range than the P3 Orions which returned 4 hours ago to Perth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

They still don't know because they haven't been able to locate it today. It is a white pixelated image, hard to tell if it's metal, but it could be.

No they literally kept showing this chunk of metal floating in the sea, filmed from the side of a ship on the news earlier. It really looked like an aircraft part.

Guess it was just bull**** sensationalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

This is weird, the Guide for TV3 is showing Executive Decision on now (plane hijack movie) but they are actually showing Terminator. Conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

oak5548 wrote: »
    No they literally kept showing this chunk of metal floating in the sea, filmed from the side of a ship on the news earlier. It really looked like an aircraft part.

Guess it was just bull**** sensationalism.
    Link or as you said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Link or as you said

Think he's talking about the sky news documentary that was showing footage from an air crash in 96 which showed something floating in the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

You do not see people in the flight operations and maintenance side of the industry speculate.

The only people I have seen and heard 'speculating' on the media are industry professionalz.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Think he's talking about the sky news documentary that was showing footage from an air crash in 96 which showed something floating in the sea.
    Literally :eek:
    Out of the mouths of newregs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Yes, I think so too. There must be big gaps in their defence systems (all countries liable : India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Laos, Afghanistan even ... China possibly) and because of that there are still areas of uncertainty.

I have seen the last day or so a blanket statement that all countries concerned had let Malaysia know they had not detected anything, but I'm still not 100% convinced it is doubt proof info. I think it's more "to the best of their knowledge, on the available data".

It's really weird that despite all the apparent tracking of all of us that we are led to believe happens, that this plane outfoxed them

Or did it? That is my Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

This is weird, the Guide for TV3 is showing Executive Decision on now (plane hijack movie) but they are actually showing Terminator. Conspiracy?

Thanks I'm watching now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

DominicKid wrote: »
    I really believe we will never see that plane ever again, come on like , how many more days do we have to wait?

Say about 700 days if AF447 is anything to go by. Then again, it took about 50 years for the Star Dust to be found, and that crashed on a mountain.

On that list are some of the poorest and least developed countries in the world so of course it is difficult to be sure of much. Not detected anything doesn't mean much if you couldn't detect it anyway.

But I cant work out if these involve a new bunch of theorists commenting on what has been mentioned multiple times in this thread - or are they same auld ones pushing their theories and counter theories?

Guess it happens if users do not bother to go back 30 or 40 pages but launch straight in.

Again, I cannot understand how anyone can be so convinced about their own theory when in fact - there are very few facts that are not debatable. Most know nowt about what's going on.

I think if you read carefully you will find that most people here are actually discussing theories, and are not so convinced that there is only one theory valid. One or two odd posters seem more confident that their version of events is the right one, but overall I find the recent pages to have been pretty balanced and realistic.

I agree with Happyman, every single person I have read or heard put forward a "theory" since the start of this disaster, on TV, radio, newspapers... has been working in the industry.

Practically all theories discussed in this forum are in fact theories that have been put forward by someone in the industry over the past 2 weeks.

On that list are some of the poorest and least developed countries in the world so of course it is difficult to be sure of much. Not detected anything doesn't mean much if you couldn't detect it anyway.

Yes, and they're all somewhat posturing to each other, considering all the tensions going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Re: the images captured by the Chinese satellite, is that really the best image possible for that technology, a grainy few pixels of something that might be the plane or might be...well, I dont know, if it isnt the debris, what other items are common in that part of the ocean that float away for days or weeks? Surely the technology exists to close up on minute items in the ocean to a degree where you could say with confidence "Yes thats a fuselage" or "Nope, just a pallet"? With all the tracking technology and sonar and satellites floating around the world, it is impossible to truly vanish.

Or are they just wary of revealing the full technological capabilities in a public forum to neighboring countries?

• Advertisement

For anyone interested, images of the current search area (or close) are now available on Tomnod, maps in the 140500 range, (I'm on 140683).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

^ what a rag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

A French Satellite has some potential sighting of debris also now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

fits wrote: »
    ^ what a rag...

You don't think a phone call made to the pilot, the last call he took before flying coming from a person with a fake id needs looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

mickdw wrote: »
    You don't think a phone call made to the pilot, the last call he took before flying coming from a person with a fake id needs looking at?

Oh absolutely I do. But I don't think the daily mail needs to cast aspersions on him or his family at this time. That article is rotten in many ways.

From yesterday evening - Business Insider

probability_map.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

It really does look like it just flew until it ran out of fuel. Mad to think it might have been just flying on autopilot or something.

The southern corridor search equipment, not sure of its source or accuracy.

nczeJj2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

sopretty wrote: »
    It really does look like it just flew until it ran out of fuel. Mad to think it might have been just flying on autopilot or something.

It happened before.

IMO the Pilots had some sort of a problem,
    They tried to get back to the Airport that they took off from,
    They had no communications.
    There was a decompresion, all were asleep.
    The plane continued on Auto Pilot until it ran out of fuel.

Happened in Greece before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement