Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370-Updates and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Kavs8

BREAKING - Malaysian Authorities have confirmed four passengers are being investigated following the receipt of information from Interpol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

What is interpol?

owenc wrote: »
    What is interpol?

An intergovernmental organization facilitating international police cooperation I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Very strange if it was a attack that nobody has claimed for it.
    Is there any way they could of hijacked it and flown it to some island.

LIVE - Press conference now on Sky News

• Advertisement

The four passengers who are under suspicion boarded the flight according to authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I wonder how many old Asian landing strips are still in operation, well to an extent anyway, I am sure there are still plenty on tiny islands or other forgotten strips along its flight path from World War 2, that is if the plane has actually landed, speculation i know.

Xenji wrote: »
    I wonder how many old Asian landing strips are still in operation, well to an extent anyway, I am sure there are still plenty on tiny islands or other forgotten strips along its flight path from World War 2, that is if the plane has actually landed, speculation i know.

With no intent to discredit your theorem, I highly doubt that is the case due to the presence of numerous Vietnamese radar centers along there coast from WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Flightradar maintain contact was lost forty minutes into flight, however the other Malaysian aircraft and ATC maintain they had last contact with pilots at 1:30. I think that could be pertinent.

I'm still not convinced by terrorism argument. Until more is known about pasengers at least.

BREAKING - ''There is a wide debris field'' according to VN EXPRESS

• Advertisement

BREAKING - @Stinicker theory seems correct, both passengers who were using stolen passports had consecutive flights meaning they avoided visa checks and would be allowed on the PEK flight - Passenger 1 had onward flight to AMS and then CPH, Passenger 2 had onward flight to FRA both with China Southern Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Press conference just now confirms no debris field and only two, not four, suspicious passports.

They now think the radar recording shows a potential turnback.

South China Morning Post has announced debris field has possibly been located by the Chinese - Picture Below
    only two, not four, suspicious passports.

This information is wrong, Interpol, FBI, NTSB have listed four passengers as being investigated.

Not convinced at all by those photos of debris. Too uniform.

fits wrote: »
    Not convinced at all by those photos of debris. Too uniform.

Indeed, for Christ sake with the debris the SCMP are trying to say is there the flight-crew would have reported there co-ordinates after the SCMP say the passenger who took it was on a MAS flight from BEK to KUL this morning.

Really ****ing annoying media outlets through out bull**** stories in relation to the death of 239 people.

Kavs8 wrote: »
    Really ****ing annoying media outlets through out bull**** stories in relation to the death of 239 people.

Time for bed ?

fits wrote: »
    Time for bed ?

Indeed! Just thought I'd before I go the Aviation Minister of Malaysia is also the Defense Minister, talk about double standard he also has authority over passport checks.

Anyhow I have 2hrs to try get sleep before work and somehow stay alert, god willing.

Goodnight/Morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaracasey

Still no contact at this time, probably they've been all drowned in the ocean. But i'm hoping for some survivors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Looks to me like the false passports were illegal immigrants trying to get to AMS. They each booked another leg (to FRA and CPH) to make it less suspicious and sacrifice some luggage. I would say it is nothing more than that.

The turnback that is now being reported would indicate some sort of systems loss but could also be disorientated pilots like AF447. They completely lost all heading during the stall and they fell at a rate of 11,000 feet per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Snowc wrote: »
    What a sick comment :mad: but also extremely bad moderation ,you delete the comment but then you quote it so everybody can still see it ? :confused::confused:

Apologies. I failed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Looks to me like the false passports were illegal immigrants trying to get to AMS. They each booked another leg (to FRA and CPH) to make it less suspicious and sacrifice some luggage. I would say it is nothing more than that.

The turnback that is now being reported would indicate some sort of systems loss but could also be disorientated pilots like AF447. They completely lost all heading during the stall and they fell at a rate of 11,000 feet per minute.

What are the chances of 4 stolen passports on one flight though? There are also unconfirmed reports that a Chinese passenger listed on the manifest was not on board. That wouldn't make sense if it was illegal immigrants trying to get into an EU country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    What are the chances of 4 stolen passports on one flight though? There are also unconfirmed reports that a Chinese passenger listed on the manifest was not on board. That wouldn't make sense if it was illegal immigrants trying to get into an EU country.

Worth mentioning as food for thought that the Guardian live blog is reporting on the 2010 Air India runway overshoot, up to 10 passengers were travelling on fraudulent passports. Just shows this could be much more benign and common than we realise.

It is 2 stolen passports, not 4. The 2 stolen passports bought their tickets together from the same agent, e-tkt numbers are consecutive and they paid the same fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Reuters has worrying quotes from a couple of air-crash experts, trying to explain why flight MH370 never issued a mayday signal.

“Such a sudden disappearance would suggest either that something is happening so quickly that there is no opportunity to put out a mayday, in which case a deliberate act is one possibility to consider, or that the crew is busy coping with what whatever has taken place,” Paul Hayes, director of safety at Flightglobal Ascend aviation consultancy, said.

John Goglia, a former board member of the NTSB, the U.S. agency that investigates plane crashes, said the lack of a distress call suggested that the plane either experienced an explosive decompression or was destroyed by an explosive device. “It had to be quick because there was no communication,” he said.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It is 2 stolen passports, not 4. The 2 stolen passports bought their tickets together from the same agent, e-tkt numbers are consecutive and they paid the same fare.

2 are confirmed as stolen, the identities of a further 2 passengers traveling with European passports, and booked through the same Chinese airline, are in question also.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/09/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-fears-worst

RTE reporting that they now think the flight may have turned back.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    2 are confirmed as stolen, the identities of a further 2 passengers traveling with European passports, and booked through the same Chinese airline, are in question also.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/09/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-fears-worst

Local media have dialed back to only two being investigated. A mix up with the 5 no-shows whose baggage was removed before departure.
    Department of Civil Aviation director-general Azaruddin Abdul Rahman said on Sunday there were only two such passengers, not four as earlier reported by the media.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/dca-only-two-passengers-on-mh370-with-stolen-passports

A lot of twitter feed type news reporting is horse **** unfortunately. And the media want everyone to believe the terrorism angle, it gathers much more attention.

From the The Wall Street Journal’s Vu Trong Khanh in Vietnam
    Vietnam rescue authorities: suspicious floating object spotted 100km south-southwest of Tho Chu island. Sending vessels out to check

Link?

• Advertisement

Advertisement